FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja KONA Lhe, digi beta and JVC 24L1D

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drazen
Aja KONA Lhe, digi beta and JVC 24L1D
on Jan 22, 2008 at 7:34:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I owe a macintel 2,66ghz, 4gb ram, ati radeon xt1900 and a matrox mxo and two 23 apple cinema display...I am looking of upgrading my system with a kona lhe and possibly a JVC 24L1D monitor...

Does anyone use a similar setup in terms of video card/monitor...I've been fairly happy with matrox mxo, but feel that I need something more solid, more reliable and more broadcast critical...would this setup be ok?

I work with apple 3 way color corrector, colorista and color...depends on time and budget I have for projects...

The major part of my footage is either DVCOPRO HD or HDV...depends....but those two formats represent 80 percent...looking forward to doing more uncompressed hd work in the future....since I have some raid disks available...and big theatrical project on the way....

One more thing real world user of the JVC 24L1D please tell me some good and bad points about it from your daily use of it...

My master should be played to digi beta via SDI...how good and reliable is KONA LHe for that?

Would this setup be regarded as a print to tape solid and color grading reliable configuration....

best regards

Drazen

http://www.staderzen.com

http://www.honeymoonthemovie.net

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Aja KONA Lhe, digi beta and JVC 24L1D
on Jan 24, 2008 at 1:19:46 am

the JVC 24L1D is a great monitor. It has no bad points.
Buy it. Is the Kona LHe a great stable product - yes.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

drazen stader
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:13:58 pm

Bob hi,

Thanks for the feedback...Tell me one thing though...what about the AJA IO HD how suitable and reliable is it for color grading (1080p) and for printing to DIGI BETA....basically dumping on digibeta in SD PRO RES codec....

You see my dilemma is KONA lHe or AJA IO HD....KONA lhe big plus is stability.... AJA io hd mobility....

but crucial criteria is HD-SDI color grading...and PRINT TO DIGI BETA...

If possible drop a line or twoo...what do you think...

Best regards

Drazen

drazen

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:20:20 pm

[drazen stader] "Thanks for the feedback...Tell me one thing though...what about the AJA IO HD how suitable and reliable is it for color grading (1080p) and for printing to DIGI BETA."

At this time, the IoHD can only accept SD from Color via Firewire. This is a limitation of Color and not the IoHD.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

drazen stader
on Jan 24, 2008 at 7:59:23 pm

Walter hi,

thanks, very useful thing to know...seems to me that Kona Lhe would be the way to go...since I intend to use it a crucial element in my grading suite...

best regards

drazen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]