FORUMS: list search recent posts

LH Analog Audio Issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pitkin
LH Analog Audio Issues
on Jan 21, 2008 at 3:18:58 pm

Okay,

I've inherited a system with my new gig that has an KonaLH card, and breakout box.

I had originally thought that I was the victim of a bad cable out of the breakout box, so I replaced the audio ch2 cable. It was still crackling and soft. So I switched over to the XLR breakout cable. Still have a CH2 that is unusable. CH1 sounds perfect, nice and clean.

Is this a known issue? Should I send the card to Kona for repair? I haven't yet tried the AES/EBU audio since I don't have anything that'll play it.

I couldn't really find anything on the forums about a problem like this, but wanted to konw if it was something easy to fix.

Thanks
Joe Pitkin

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: LH Analog Audio Issues
on Jan 21, 2008 at 3:31:30 pm

move the CH 1 cable that works fine into channel 2 - is there any audio now ?

The Kona LH came with an "octopus" break out cable that did not use the Kona KL breakout box. Do you know where this cable is ? You can try using this cable, to confirm that the card is ok (or broken), and this is not just an issue with the Kona KL box.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joe Pitkin
on Jan 21, 2008 at 3:42:46 pm

That's exactly what I've done to confirm that it's the analog output off the card and not a cable / breakout box / board input issue.

I get the same noise if I go:

Kona Card -> breakout box -> Board

Kona Card -> Octopus Cable -> Board

It's not the input on the board, as I've used multiple and it follows CH2 Analog.

My gut is that the board got fried at some point before I got here, and no one noticed or cared.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 21, 2008 at 5:37:32 pm

then you know what to do next !
bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joe Pitkin
on Jan 21, 2008 at 6:50:01 pm

Yeah, Rip the card out and send it back to AJA.

I ended up talking with an editor who's spent some time on the system as well. He went "oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think someone turned the phantom power on and blew the output"

Just what I don't need...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]