FORUMS: list search recent posts

QuickTime error in FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzy Shaw
QuickTime error in FCP
on Jan 15, 2008 at 9:33:48 pm

I have recently upgraded to FCP Studio and am having problems getting everything working. Here's what I've got:

AJA Control Panel 4.0 for KONA LH
FCP 6.0.2
QT 7.4
OS 10.4.11
Beta SP deck PVW-2800

Control panel set to Analog Component (Beta)/Analog audio IN
Frame Buffer is YUB-10b
Analog Out is Component (Beta)

In FCP I'm using the AJA 8 bit preset. When I go into Capture mode I get the error below.

"An error occurrd while configuring QuickTime using current capture settings. Please quit FCP and check hardware configuration."

I've tried reinstalling QuickTime and played with the Control Panel settings on the KONA but need someones magic touch to tell me what I've screwed up.

I really appreciate it!

Producer/Editor
SOBO Productions

Return to posts index

Suzy Shaw
Re: QuickTime error in FCP
on Jan 16, 2008 at 1:01:12 am

I've been running more tests and th error seems to appear when I change the Capture Settings on FCP to AJA Kona LH 525 29.97 8-bit. It seems very happy with the 10 bit setting.

My settings all match...I'm going to keep poking around.

Producer/Editor
SOBO Productions

Return to posts index

suzy shaw
Kona FCP Presents
on Jan 16, 2008 at 3:18:16 pm

Here's some more strangeness about the presets in FCP.

When I capture using the AJA uncompressed 10 bit...it captures fine. When I change the Capture setting to 8 bit, it captures it, but when I check the compressor setting in the browser it actually captured it as 10 bit instead of 8 bit.

If I try to edit any of the 8 bit settings in the Audio/Video Settings window I get the QT error message previously listed + a General Error (8). I get the same error messages when I try to edit or duplicate any of the settings, including teh Generic Capture Template.

Producer/Editor
SOBO Productions

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona FCP Presents
on Jan 16, 2008 at 3:47:18 pm

Suzy, it seems to me your equipment is working fine, it's that you aren't quite using it the way FCP wants you to. What you need to do is start using the easy setups so that everything will change as you need it. Hit control-q and choose the format that you need which sounds like SD NTSC component 8 bit. Then make a new sequence. Hit log and capture and capture your footage, then drag your captured footage into that newly created sequence.

Make sense?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

suzy shaw
on Jan 16, 2008 at 6:32:25 pm

Thanks for your response Jerry. I have been using the Easy Setups that AJA installs in FCP. I've been editing on FCP since 1.25 and have used the Easy Setups for many years. This is behaving very buggy. I've deleted my FCP cashe and preferences a couple of times and rebooted. I'm beginning to think maybe there's some old AJA settings in my FCP and maybe I need to delete all of the settings and reinstall the AJA control panel. I hadn't updated the AJA control panel in a couple of years and just did that as part of the recent Studio 2 upgrade.

I'd appreciate any other thoughts.

Thank you,
Suzy

Producer/Editor
SOBO Productions

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 16, 2008 at 6:52:04 pm

Hey Suzy. The reason i say this is because you can't capture 10 bit when you are setup for 8bit properly. Also, you say that your Frame Buffer is set to 10bit, if you are setup for 8bit, the frame buffer should be 8bit. Somewhere, something is not matching and you are setup for 10bit when you think you should be capturing 8bit. Try uninstalling the AJA drivers from the uninstaller, reboot, then reinstall the 4.0 drivers again, and reboot.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]