FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LH Downconvert

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Kona LH Downconvert
on Jan 12, 2008 at 12:24:07 am

Mac G5 dual 2.7, Kona LH, FCP 6.0.2, QT 7.1.3 Kona latest.

Have a DVCProHD 1080i 29.97 sequence and was going to output to Betacam. Set everything to match...the sequence and the output. Everything was rendered...I mean everything! All blue lines and ready to go. Set the Control Panel to downconvert. All was well.

Had signal at the Beta and set tones etc. I could have just crash recorded, but I did an Edit to Tape to hit a timecode mark.

Everytime I dragged the sequence to the Edit to tape Assemble box, the thing went into render mode and said it was a 24 minute wait. Ended up being about 15 minutes in the end, but I bailed out a couple times to check a few things. Found nothing out of the ordinary. After I let the render go, I got the Ok and off it went without a hitch.

But why the long render? Sequence was an easy setup for DVCProHD 1080i and output was set to same.

Anyone?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona LH Downconvert
on Jan 12, 2008 at 2:31:57 am

Do you have any clips in the timeline that are disabled? If so, try getting rid of those.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Jan 12, 2008 at 4:12:41 am

Aha! Yes I do! So, what's the deal with those? Causing the problem? Not near the machine right now but real curious.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 13, 2008 at 8:04:35 pm

Yes, for some reason when FCP has a disabled clip, it seems to need to render the entire timeline again. If you simply delete that clip or clips, you shouldn't have to render.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]