FORUMS: list search recent posts

LH and Kernel panics

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Webb
LH and Kernel panics
on Jan 9, 2008 at 10:32:11 pm

I've been having awful kernel panics using FCP that appear to be related to my Kona LH. These system crashes happen when screening any type of footage (DV / DVC Pro HD / HD / etc) through the card.

I was running version 5 of the Kona software and downgraded to version 4 hoping that the crashes would stop but they didn't.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Dual 2.7 G5
OS 10.4.11
2.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9650
FCP 6.0.2

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: LH and Kernel panics
on Jan 10, 2008 at 1:21:07 am

I know the answer, but you wont' want to hear it. We all know that the LH works without Kernal panic's, and you are having this problem. I have seen this problem. Do you know how to solve it? Your OS has become corrupt, and to "quickly" get rid of this problem, you need to do a CLEAN INSTALL of your OS (you are on 10.4.11, which means that you started LONG AGO with your dual 2.7 G5, and have gone thru many upgrades). Wipe out your boot drive, start from scratch, and your problems will be gone. (Easy for me to say).

If you feel like buying another internal hard drive for your MAC (they are cheap), you can leave your system running, and overnight, do a clean OS install on a second internal drive. Then, the next night, install your FCP and AJA drivers. Then boot up on this drive, and you will see that you have no problems. Then you can move your FCP projects, and graphics files over from the other drive (but make sure to do CLEAN installs of your actual applications !!!!!).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Simon Webb
Re: LH and Kernel panics
on Jan 10, 2008 at 2:59:00 am

Eeeeek!

But, thank you. Looks like I'll be having a big day tomorrow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]