FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power Mac not seeing Fibre card!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mauimatt
Power Mac not seeing Fibre card!
on Jan 9, 2008 at 9:48:22 pm

We run a Apple G5 Power PC 4X2.5GHz, 6.5GB RAM with AJA KONA LHe. I have the Display Graphics card in slot1, Kona card in slot 2, the 4GB fibre card in slot3 (800x), SATA card in slot 4. The xserver raid is hooked up and there is a violet light on from the back of the card but the G5 does not see anything. Card or drive. The drivers & fibre channel utility was installed first.Talked to my dealer tech at Promax and they said it "should" work. Maybe a bad fibre card?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Power Mac not seeing Fibre card!
on Jan 10, 2008 at 1:16:23 am

yank out the AJA Kona and SATA card, and just try the Fibre by itself. You did not say what Fibre card you have in there - if it's an Apple, test the card with RAID ADMIN, if it's the ATTO 42ES (for example), test the card with ATTO Configuration Tool (download from ATTO site). DO NOT try to get this to work while you have the SATA and Kona card in your computer, you will just get frustrated.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Matt Kerstein
Re: Power Mac not seeing Fibre card!
on Jan 16, 2008 at 9:11:14 pm

Bob,
I could not find any documentation that the model #MA139G/A fibre card is compatible with a quad G5 as well as intel G5's and G5 pro. So I sent it back after trying to run it without the SATA and Kona cards installed. However a MA900G/A is coming and it WILL work....I hope.

Also on the fence about our lower end camera system to augment our inventory.( so far HDX-900, & D600 & 400A). HVX200 or the new Sony EX1?
Thanks,
Matt
P.S
I grew up in Orlando area in Altamonte Springs.

Aloha & Mahalo from Maui

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]