FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Input Signal on Beta-SP deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bethel
No Input Signal on Beta-SP deck
on Dec 30, 2007 at 2:42:22 am

Going out of Final Cut Studio 2 with Kona LSe to UVW-1800 and 3 seconds into anytime I try to edit to tape the deck flashes NO INPUT (not to be confused with NO SYNC) then TC comes back in the deck window. Waiting it out I notice that when bars and tone pop up about 10 seconds later the deck VU meters show audio signal is getting there. The monitor handling video out from the deck is black (but does indicate a sync). Playback verifies audio yes, video no.

Is it the card? Is it the deck? Is it a FCP setting? FCP is going out 8 bit 29.97 and it has not been an issue until this past week

I gotta get this straightened out quick - shows have to go out the door

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: No Input Signal on Beta-SP deck
on Dec 30, 2007 at 3:23:29 pm

eject the tape from your Beta 1800
put VTR into LOCAL, not remote
hit RED record button on 1800 to force VTR into E/E
Plug your TV monitor into the composite output of your 1800
simply play the sequence in your FCP system.

DO YOU SEE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR TV MONITOR ? yes, or no.

If it's no, you have something set up wrong (input selector on 1800, playback settings in FCP, like wrong compression setting for your clips, vs. your sequence).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Scott Bethel
on Dec 30, 2007 at 5:03:44 pm

This all seems like it will be really helpful. I'll try it first thing Monday morn.

If it is playback settings in FCP, like wrong compression setting for your clips, vs. your sequence, how would I correct that. I assume right now that is not the case as I tried old sequences from a few weeks ago that I had already put out and was getting same result.

This all did start soon after I had tried laying closed caption files in on another SEQ and when it didn't work a guy told me to change my SEQ setting to NTSC 40:27. That didn't work either and I switched it back. In fact I've tried all kinds of SEQ settings and sat thru hour long renders to make more outout attempts with the same result. What have I mucked up?

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 30, 2007 at 5:18:21 pm

I am not going to answer your questions, as it is pointless to guess.

You should use EASY SETUPS, and stop screwing around with the
seperate audio/video settings. Once you choose your Easy Setup, create a new SEQUENCE, and you won't have a "frozen" image (or no output). Once you do this, you can look at your Audio Video setting, and Sequence presets, and start getting used to these countless settings, so you can become "an expert".

If you setup your FCP system correctly (simply use Easy Setups, and create a new sequence), you will NEVER have to render out these files ever again.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Scott Bethel
on Jan 3, 2008 at 6:22:51 pm

Well thanks for making me feel small, Bob.

How about if I installed the Kona updated driver that came out a couple weeks ago that they didn't tell me about???

Everything works fine now. YEEEEEEESH

Thanks everyone!

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]