FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 and IoLA Issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hotti
Kona 3 and IoLA Issue
on Dec 29, 2007 at 11:51:03 am

Hi Folks,
New MacPro with a Kona 3 Card and an IoLA box here. I made my CineWave last a very long time. FC Studio 2 Upgrade. I posted this on the AJA Io forum as well. Sorry for the duplicate post, but it looks link no ones been on that board for a week.

Anyway back to business. I have Component and XLR inputs and outputs to a rack that feeds my Mackie 1202-VLZ mixer, UVW1800 deck, dvd player and a Sony monitor. I need the IoLA for outputting and occasional inputting from the 1800 and the DVD player. I also have a video projector projecting an image on my back wall via an S-Video cable.

My question is: using the Kona 3 connectors I can get an image to my monitor, but no sound (Balanced Analog). When I plug everything into the IoLA, and change my settings in FCS I get a message that says:
"Unable to open Specific Video Output device. It may be in use by another application, incorrectly connected o may be conflicting with a sound input device."

I am hoping there is a simple fix I am not thinking of. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 and IoLA Issue
on Dec 29, 2007 at 12:08:46 pm

[Craig Hotti] "
My question is: using the Kona 3 connectors I can get an image to my monitor, but no sound (Balanced Analog)."

The Kona 3 does not have Balanced Analog audio. Those are AES/EBU digital audio XLR's. The only analog audio on the Kona 3 are the RCA Audio outs on the K3 breakout box.

[Craig Hotti] ""Unable to open Specific Video Output device. It may be in use by another application, incorrectly connected o may be conflicting with a sound input device.""

Do you have any other Firewire A/V devices connected to your system other than the Io LA?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Craig Hotti
on Dec 29, 2007 at 2:18:47 pm

Thanks Walter, as always you're a big help.

Just before I got your post I figured that the FW connector I had going to my deck was causing the conflict. Unplug and voila! Everything seems to working okay now, but I'm sure I'll be running into a few issues--5 years of CineWave usage makes one kind of lazy when it comes to learning new things--but man I got every penny out of that system.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Dec 29, 2007 at 2:41:50 pm

[Craig Hotti] "Just before I got your post I figured that the FW connector I had going to my deck was causing the conflict. Unplug and voila!"

Yep, that's a big gotcha with FCP. It can only recognize one Firewire A/V device at a time. You can have as many hard drives connected as you want with an A/V device, but only one A/V unit.

[Craig Hotti] "5 years of CineWave usage makes one kind of lazy when it comes to learning new things--but man I got every penny out of that system."

I'm still waiting to get real-time Chroma Key back. Must have been 3 or 4 years ago now that I did a 15 minute chroma key project for a client and it was real-time, edit to tape chroma key. Zero rendering. Cin

Return to posts index

Lon Keller
on Dec 31, 2007 at 2:46:58 pm

Had a similiar issue. Our IoLA would not work when our Mackie ONYX 1220 FW was plugged in. AJA recommended if I wanted to use both at the same time, install a Firewire card into an open slot of the Mac.

Lon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]