FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Presets etc with Network (non-admin) User Accounts

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith_Koby
AJA Presets etc with Network (non-admin) User Accounts
on Dec 21, 2007 at 8:11:42 pm

Hey guys,

I've been having issues which I've reported here before about my AJA control panel presets not sticking after a restart. Also, we are not able to change presets or create new ones. As it turns out, you need to be an admin to do any of this...

I'm constantly having to remind my editors who have been given konas to check there audio input and set it to embedded after a restart. It would be great if they could change to the embedded preset as well, but that doesn't work, because again, I think you need admin privileges in order to change presets.

Is anyone out there on a san with network (non-admin) user accounts running into these issues? Anyone know a good way around them? I can't give editors admin privs... sorry, no way.

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Koby
Head of Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND NETWORKS
Howard TV!/MOJO/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: AJA Presets etc with Network (non-admin) User Accounts
on Dec 21, 2007 at 8:19:44 pm

This happens since the preferences are in the top level library. Since the control panel supports presets, you could log in as admin, set up all the various presents needed (or the default behavior) on your master machine and push this to the labs. That way when a non-admin user logs in, they have this behavior and preset ready to roll for them

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
Re: AJA Presets etc with Network (non-admin) User Accounts
on Dec 21, 2007 at 8:24:00 pm

I tried this the other day... I logged in as an admin, setup a preset, logged out, logged in as network user and tried switching presets...

The network (non-admin) user cannot change presets it seems. The new preset was there, the non-admin user just seems unable to change the presets.

Keith Koby
Head of Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND NETWORKS
Howard TV!/MOJO/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]