FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona audio output problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jas22in
kona audio output problem
on Nov 28, 2007 at 3:15:30 pm

Have a problem while using edit to tape in FCP 6.0.1 i am using kona lhe driver version 4.0 the output i am giving is sdi. Theproblem is while i am using edit to tape in insert mode it is outputting only 2 channel audio while my equirement is 4 channel output. The output setings in my aja control panel is set to sdi also my audio output setting in fcp is set to 4 channels.
Is there anythingi am missing out the whole machine configuration is
Macpro 2.66ghz, os x 10.4.9, quicktime 7.3, fcp 6.0.1, kona lhe driver4.0, internally 3x500 gb striped disks, sony dvw-m2000.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: kona audio output problem
on Nov 28, 2007 at 3:25:18 pm

[jas22in] "a problem while using edit to tape in FCP 6.0.1 i am using kona lhe driver version 4.0 the output i am giving is sdi. Theproblem is while i am using edit to tape in insert mode it is outputting only 2 channel audio while my equirement is 4 channel output. The output setings in my aja control panel is set to sdi also my audio output setting in fcp is set to 4 channels."

I am going to bet that you do not have FCP's audio outs set correctly in the Audio Tab under system settings.

The defaults are 5.1 or stereo, so you would need to make a new preset to send the audio as 4 discreet tracks

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
Re: kona audio output problem
on Nov 28, 2007 at 6:13:45 pm

In addition to what Gary said, also make sure you have the tracks in the sequence assigned to the proper channels. Right click in the audio track number area of the timeline and assign it to 1,2,3 or 4 (or 1-2 and 3-4 if you set it up for stereo).

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
http://www.ambidextrous.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]