FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona3 top dog for awhile?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Pilon
kona3 top dog for awhile?
on Nov 27, 2007 at 7:03:15 am

Just a quick question. I am looking to get into a kona 3, I just wanted to make sure aja isn't coming out with anything new in the next couple months for me to hold off. If anyone knows anything, that would be helpful info before I drop the 3 C notes on this. Thanks Greg

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: kona3 top dog for awhile?
on Nov 27, 2007 at 11:38:41 am

Questions like this are always NDA. There would not be any information forthcoming on this topic until April NAB 2008 at the earliest.

We're still running a Kona 2 board that's almost three years old on HD Documentaries. Kona boards are good for a long time.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 27, 2007 at 3:32:13 pm

Depending on your needs, AJA just came out with the ioHD as well. Might be worth a look unless you need Uncompressed HD or dual link 4:4:4.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 28, 2007 at 7:16:03 am

[Greg Pilon] "I just wanted to make sure aja isn't coming out with anything new in the next couple months for me to hold off."

There isn't very much the Kona 3 can't do. So, the question you really need to ask yourself is, what capabilities could you possibly require that a Kona 3 can't do?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]