FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing SD with Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Bernardo
Capturing SD with Kona LHe
on Nov 20, 2007 at 10:19:45 pm

This is an extremely basic question, but I was wondering if it was possible to use a KonaLHe capture card with FCP 5.1.4 to capture an SD signal coming from composite cables using the standard breakout cables?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Capturing SD with Kona LHe
on Nov 20, 2007 at 11:15:09 pm

yes - you use the Y input (green) cable. Go into the Kona Control Panel, select INPUT tab, and change the input from component or SDI to COMPOSITE. This must be done within the AJA Kona Control Panel, and not within FCP.

May I strongly suggest that while you are in the control panel, that you poke around in there, and see what it can do.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Dennis Bernardo
on Nov 20, 2007 at 11:27:02 pm

I feel like such an idiot! You probably won't believe me, but I know for a fact I tried that exact thing, and played around with a bunch of other settings as well. But after seeing this post and trying again, it works. Thanks!

Here's another related question, when I use component cables with an SD signal to the Kona LHe, I can't get a decent picture in FCP or my out video monitor. The control panel says the signal is 1080i. Any idea what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 21, 2007 at 11:48:04 pm

go to the FORMAT tab in the AJA control panel, and change the format to 525 for SD, and not 1080.

Dennis - from now on, when you post questions like this, you must tell every detail. What VTR are you using, what monitor are you monitoring on, did you read the .pdf manual that came with the CD. Without any details, all I can do is guess.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 20, 2007 at 11:17:11 pm

Yes!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]