FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 grading setup

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xiaolom
Kona 3 grading setup
on Nov 9, 2007 at 10:22:48 am

Hi,

we need to set up a Kona 3 system for grading a 15 min short shot on HDCam. The system is usually used for SD editing, so we don

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 grading setup
on Nov 9, 2007 at 12:39:15 pm

[xiaolom] "So what would be the (most) color-accurate setup:

1) grade on SD CRT (SDI-Connected)"

That would be the most accurate, however understand that your colors may appear muted in HD. You will actually want to push the colors a little bit more. I don't grade on the Dells, we only use them as computer monitors.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 10, 2007 at 12:48:59 am

I have a question -
what is a low budget project that is shot in HDCam, and requires an HDCam VTR, a Kona 3, and a drive array fast enough to hold uncompressed HD video ? That's an expensive Camera, expensive VTR, and expensive FCP setup. Can't you rent a monitor for this project ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

xiaolom
on Nov 10, 2007 at 12:46:06 pm

Hi Bob,

thats true, those are all expensive things that have to be paid ;-). I guess thats why the production has too little left to just finish the whole project that way.
Maybe they got a good deal from a rental house for that camera and now end up in a high end editing world that they cannot really afford. I don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]