FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Recorders and ugly generic menus

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EliseL
DVD Recorders and ugly generic menus
on Nov 6, 2007 at 8:23:38 pm

I'm trying to play an FCP timeline out of my Kona card and into a DVD recorder using composite out/in.

Does anyone know of any specific brands/model numbers for standalone DVD Recorder units that DO NOT create a generic menu on your DVD's?

I've read posts that claim that certain brands do it, but none so far that actually lists a specific model number.

Any ideas out there?

Return to posts index

Warren
Re: DVD Recorders and ugly generic menus
on Nov 7, 2007 at 7:50:25 am

Usually what I do after using a DVD recorder is use MPEG Stream Clip to pull out the M2V and AC3 files and then bring them into DVDSP and make my own menu. I only do this for quick preview disks because it is real time encoded. When I make a final master DVD I'l use compressor or BitVice depending.

Warren

Warren Eig

O 310-470-0905

C 310-560-6245

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/knitwits

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/family_xmas.jsp

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Nov 7, 2007 at 11:14:25 pm

[Warren] "When I make a final master DVD I'l use compressor or BitVice depending."

Nice to see another BitVice user on the forum. I absolutely love the quality of BitVice's encoding, but Innobits is a company in need of serious help. They've promised BitVice Pro for over four years now, with nary a word on how close they are to completion.

I wish that they would either A) sell their technology to a company with greater resources to devote to optimizing and enhancing the performance of the product or B) make it a priority to find some wealthy investors that could provide them with the financial resources that they so sorely need to help accelerate their development process.

It kills me to see their great technology languish (relative to products with bigger names) due to their lack of marketing muscle and painfully slow pace of development.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:07:28 am

Ditto on the BitVice quagmire. Not to mention no batching.

Hey, my wife is from Sweden, but these guys don't get a break from me.

Back to the thread, I have done exactly what was mentioned....run the program out to the recorder and rip the files with MPEG Streamclip and build a firstplay in DVDSP.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Nov 8, 2007 at 4:59:03 am

we've got 3 pioneer dvd recorders, and they do make the cheeseball menus, but do not assign them as "first play". program plays first and you only get the menu page if you select menu on the remote...plus you have a choice of menus and can select a clean one without a wedding video motif.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]