FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixelazation in video output

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Twiznoy
Pixelazation in video output
on Nov 5, 2007 at 9:21:00 pm

I have a Kona LSe card and a dual 2.3Ghz G5 running FCP 5.1.4. Just recently I started getting pixelazation or sparkles on my video output. It does it in FCP, After Effects and even the Mac desktop. I have not updated or changed anything for a few months, it just started doing it.

It only does it on certain video, especially bright reds and some blues. I have switched cables but that did not help.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Pixelazation in video output
on Nov 6, 2007 at 3:23:23 am

uninstall and reinstall your AJA drivers. Uninstall is in the AJA Utilities folder.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Twiznoy
on Nov 6, 2007 at 3:53:49 am

Thanks, I tried that and the problem is still there. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

CharlieX
on Nov 6, 2007 at 6:44:45 pm

Are these blues/reds legal? I remember seeing problems like that with our original Kona card, and it was a product of illegal levels freaking the card out...

Have you switch to another TV monitor? make sure it's not having some problems.

Return to posts index

Twiznoy
on Nov 7, 2007 at 9:35:32 pm

I plugged in another monitor and had the same problem, so it's not the monitor. I have also adjusted the brightness and levels to see if it goes away, it does not. I did notice though that when I make a shot really dark, it makes the problem get even worse.

It is getting worse every day too. The new pixelazation areas are forming in vertical lines across the screen.

The pixels are all blue on the mac desktop, but they are all red in Final cut, and a greenish color in After Effects.

Thanks for the help so far.

Return to posts index

CharlieX
on Nov 8, 2007 at 9:27:16 pm

Sounds like something is going bad. Try re-seating the Kona card? might have to call AJA tech support

Return to posts index

Twiznoy
on Jan 17, 2008 at 10:37:21 pm

I am still having the same problem. It does get better when I switch video output to 10bit, though I cannot keep it this way because my footage is 8bit. Does this give anyone any clues? Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]