FORUMS: list search recent posts

16 unwanted audio channels?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davison
16 unwanted audio channels?
on Oct 31, 2007 at 5:03:16 pm

Here's a challenge....

Ive got a suite with a Kona LHe and a Suite with a Kona 3. I'm trying to use both suite to auto conform a 50minute film.

Suite 2 (Kona LHe) is happily digitising DVCProHD footage (ingested to 1080i 8bit)
Suite 1 (Kona 3) is going to digitise the HDCam from my m2000p deck.

The plan is when the HD cam is captured (with no handles) I will reconnected it to the Project in Suite 2.

The Problem is that Suite 1 seems to be capturing everything with 16 channels of 48k audio which is strange because the master clips only show as stereo audio. Consequently when I try to reconnect FCP has issues with the wrong number of tracks and will only let me reconnect clip by clip!

Can any one tell me how I get round this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: 16 unwanted audio channels?
on Oct 31, 2007 at 5:06:25 pm

[Sean Davison] "The Problem is that Suite 1 seems to be capturing everything with 16 channels of 48k audio which is strange because the master clips only show as stereo audio. Consequently when I try to reconnect FCP has issues with the wrong number of tracks and will only let me reconnect clip by clip!"

This happens in the Log and Capture Window. When you select an AJA Easy Setup with an SDI Input, the default is to turn on all 16 channels. You need to go into your Clip Settings and turn off all the extra channels you don't want.

This preset will hold UNTIL you switch to another preset which utilizes something other than SDI for input, like Firewire. Or if you Trash your Prefs.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com

Stop Staring Start Grading with Apple Color The new Color Training DVD now available!
http://store.creativecow.net/p/66/stop_staring_and_start_grading_with_apple...

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on Nov 1, 2007 at 9:35:39 am

Nasty! And how do I create offline media to recapture with no audio attached?

At the moment I delet all the audio in th t/l - make sequence clips independent then create offline media in the mm - it always seems to have 2 audio tx attached to each clip.

If I turn those off in clip settings - wont that affect the relationship with the sequence they come from (all be it with no audio tx?)

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on Nov 1, 2007 at 9:35:44 am

Nasty! And how do I create offline media to recapture with no audio attached?

At the moment I delet all the audio in th t/l - make sequence clips independent then create offline media in the mm - it always seems to have 2 audio tx attached to each clip.

If I turn those off in clip settings - wont that affect the relationship with the sequence they come from (all be it with no audio tx?)

Return to posts index

Matt Larson
on Nov 1, 2007 at 2:21:14 pm

"And how do I create offline media to recapture with no audio attached"

Make the Clip Offline. (Ctrl+click in the browser choose it from pop up).
Once you have an offline clip (this also works if you have a list of logged clips that you have not captured yet) you can ctrl+click on them in the browser and select "Clip Properties...". There you can adjust the number of audio tracks that will be displayed in your FCP project.

Oddly even if you set this to 0 audio tracks, it will still capture all 16, but in the project that you use to capture it will appear to have no audio. If you import the captured clip into another project it will import with 16 all audio tracks.

Typically before I digitize I do this to make sure I only have the audio tracks that I need. I switch presets too often to go through and click each track off in the log and capture window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]