FORUMS: list search recent posts

UpRes SD to HD with Kone LHe card

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peacejames
UpRes SD to HD with Kone LHe card
on Oct 31, 2007 at 3:43:27 am

I am a freelance FCP editor and love Aja cards. I down convert all the time with amazing results. I am wanting UPres SD to HD.I have 6 edit suites, one with Kona2 the other 5 with Kone LHe cards. Tonight I tried it and did not have any success, with lots of different settings, playing out from one suite and capturing with another, hooked directly kona to kona. The SDI router system we have is not HD, so that was not an option.

I figured out that the SDI output does not convert, right? So I tried to send it out with component, hoping it would change it to HD component, with that selecting in the settings. My question is, I am asking too much from the Kona LHe card? I read a separate post about the Kona2 about upresing. Will it do it? I don't think the client wants to buy a terranex board.

Thanks a lot,
Matt James

Return to posts index

msacci
Re: UpRes SD to HD with Kone LHe card
on Oct 31, 2007 at 5:14:51 am

The Kona2 is the card that you have that can do upconverting to HD. So you would go out a LHe SDI out of the source to SDI in sd and then set the frame buffer in aja's control panel to the HD format that you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]