SDI output from Kona3 & breakout box

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enge
SDI output from Kona3 & breakout box
by
on Oct 29, 2007 at 1:59:53 pm

Hello,
I currently am trying to get to the end of a bit of a problem. I have a Kona3 with breakout box and am trying to get a signal out of both SDI ouputs simultaneously. Reason being is the way our MCR routes back into the suite, which is nothing out of the ordinary by the way.

The set up with our Avid Symphony and Symphony Nitris has SDI coming out of both SDI outs on the back of the box, one feeds the monitor in the suite, the other gets fed to the SDI matrix in our MCR, the MCR then patches back my record deck on the return, which I pick up on the B input to the scope, it all works well.
I am trying to do the same with our Kona3 & breakout rig. It seems that there is no signal coming out of output 2 on the SDI out on the back of the breakout box.

***edit***
I can confirm the above as I 've just plugged a scope direct into SDI out 2 and there is nothing coming out.
I am testing with 625/50i signals, the Kona control panel says it is recieving a 625/50i signal in aswell as ref. The frame buffer is set to 625/50i and the outs both say they same, that is 625/50i. I have also tried setting output 1 to primary and output 2 to secondary aswell as primary but still no joy.

Any help will be greatfully recieved as if this isn't possible I may be buying a VDA!!!

Enge

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: SDI output from Kona3 & breakout box
on Oct 29, 2007 at 2:42:03 pm

Two things to check.

1) Swap SDI outs, does the problem follow the output or the cable?
2) Get rid of the Kbox temporarily and come right out of the card, does the problem persist?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Oct 29, 2007 at 4:46:38 pm

3) Open the Kona control panel and see if you are in fact sending a valid signal, meaning an HD signal if you are sending HD, an SD signal if you are sending SD or that you have an up/down/cross convert on the signal if that's what you need.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Enge
by
on Oct 29, 2007 at 7:40:27 pm

Hi fellas,
in answer to the above

1) It's not the cables, I can swap SDI cables and still get signals direct to the deck, so not the cable run.

2) Haven't tried that yet

3) I had the control panel open before I posted this morning everything seemed to be fine that is SDI 1 In had 625/50i going in, the frame buffer was set to the same and SDI out 1 had 625/50i coming out as did SDI out 2 (primary & secondary) still nothing came out of SDI out2 though.

I'll give option 2 a go when back in tomorrow...

thanks again fellas...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]