I/O HD and Leopard

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
I/O HD and Leopard
on Oct 18, 2007 at 9:05:55 pm

let me start out by saying that I have NO IDEA of what I am talking about -
but with this said -

if you are expecting an I/O HD soon, and don't have your MAC Pro yet - if I were you I would RUN to the Mall, and buy a MAC Pro tomorrow, to make sure that I got a computer that DID
NOT have Leopard on it. AND, even if I am completely wrong, I can pretty much assure you that your DRIVE ARRAYS from the assorted AJA, Ciprico, ATTO, CalDigit, FirmTek, Sonnet, MacGuru's, ProMax, etc. will stop working once you have a Leopard based MAC Pro in your facility. Perhaps I will be wrong about this for Apple XServe RAID owners.

So, when will everyone figure this out - my guess -3 months. When will Apple cooperate with third party vendors - NEVER EVER EVER EVER.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: I/O HD and Leopard
on Oct 18, 2007 at 10:06:59 pm

Io HD, what's that?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Oct 18, 2007 at 11:36:36 pm

[Bob Zelin] "if I were you I would RUN to the Mall, and buy a MAC Pro tomorrow, to make sure that I got a computer that DID
NOT have Leopard on it."

Easy enough to erase the hard drive when I get it and install Tiger on it. Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned about Leopard being on there so long as I still have my Tiger install disc or better yet, just clone my current Mac Pro over to the new one.

We have Leopard on order and will install it onto our laptops and iMacs when it arrives to test it out.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

leuey
on Oct 19, 2007 at 1:52:31 am

I recommend you DO NOT rush out and bug a Mac Pro unless you absolutely need one in the next month or 2. Harpertown will be available in less than a month and a new cycle of Mac Pro's (with new video cards(!!!!)) will be out soon. So unless you want to buy a computer that is approaching 2 years old I would wait on it.

What you may want to do is buy a copy of Tiger if you're worried about it.

-Greg

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Oct 22, 2007 at 6:34:24 pm

I actually haven't run into any problems with the Sonnet D800RAID in Leapord (Developer Release, obviously).

I'm curious if my ioHD will work. I'll try it later tonight maybe.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 22, 2007 at 8:02:23 pm

[szumlins] "I'm curious if my ioHD will work. I'll try it later tonight maybe."

It works with VTR Exchange under the Dev release of leopard very well. FCP 6.01 / QT 7.2.1 under leopard is a different matter.

hope you do not have any smoothcam filters applied in your Seqs.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]