FORUMS: list search recent posts

Control Panel says AJA hardware not installed

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MediaBLITZ
Control Panel says AJA hardware not installed
on Oct 18, 2007 at 6:32:30 pm

I already searched this and found someone having same problem but the same advice has not helped me.

2 x 3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
FCP Studio 2

I installed the card, installed software off CD, oops, uninstalled software and installed it again via website download.
Used Expansion Slot Utility to configure card in slot 3 at 4x
Still getting same message
Uninstalled software again and reinstalled - still says AJA hardware or software not installed

Rinse and repeat
Rinse and repeat

Only an insane man keeps the same course of action and expects different results.

HELP

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Control Panel says AJA hardware not installed
on Oct 18, 2007 at 6:59:13 pm

Call AJA immediately.

What version of drivers?

Return to posts index

MediaBLITZ
on Oct 18, 2007 at 7:06:26 pm

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Oct 18, 2007 at 7:13:50 pm

Yep, call AJA

Return to posts index

cowcow
MediaBLITZ
on Oct 18, 2007 at 7:40:32 pm

Called them - ran a bunch of "fixes" and it came down to this -

By installing the drivers from the enclosed CD (V.2) the card "broke" and will not read. Not even uninstall will help. They are overnighting a new card.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 18, 2007 at 8:56:34 pm

#1 my stupid opinon - AJA should stop sending out drivers on CD. You either have an internet connection or TOO BAD. I deal with Disney, Lockheed Martin, etc. that have MAJOR SECURITY - you either have an internet connection to download drivers or YOU DONT GET TO PLAY IN THIS GAME. I feel your pain, but you should NEVER use drivers that come on CD, from anyone, including AJA, ATTO, Blackmagic, AVID software releases, Apple, etc, etc.

#2. If I was there, the first thing I would have done is RESEAT THE CARD. I have often been in a rush, and not seated the card properly, and it showed "hardware not installed". Reseat your card.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Oct 19, 2007 at 6:08:39 pm

[Bob Zelin] "#1 my stupid opinon - AJA should stop sending out drivers on CD. You either have an internet connection or TOO BAD."

FWIW, I almost never install drivers off of the cd or DVD that ships with a product. Any product. Scanner, PCI board, turbocharger, anything. The only time I use the driver shipped with a product is if I can't find one on their website.

Good manufacturers work to improve their products. With computer peripherals & expansion cards, that often means driver updates. The Kona card (or turbocharger) that you buy could have been boxed up many months ago, and I'd like to think that they've been working to upgrade what it does, or how well it plays. Also, the drivers in the box may not be for your version system software. Or who knows?

I always check to see if there's a newer or more appropriate driver than the one in the box.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]