FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outputting to Betacam SP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LankBeach
Outputting to Betacam SP
on Sep 25, 2007 at 5:32:22 pm

I need to make a betacam sp master of a 720p 23.98 project in FCP. I am downconverting through the Kona card to come out as 525 29.97 but am having a hard time carrying over the time code since the beta deck only has xlr timecode in, which the kona does not support. So my question is how do I black and code the tape on the sp deck and then how do I get my output to tape with the proper timecode? Is it some kind of assemble edit from the Kona?
I don't have any sort of manual for the beta sp machine so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

ecyrbsllik
Re: Outputting to Betacam SP
on Sep 25, 2007 at 6:04:55 pm

Just set the deck to lay down via its internal timecode.

Set your starting preset like FCP does, then hit play record

You should be good to go.

Cheers

DRtv

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on Sep 25, 2007 at 7:13:03 pm

Just pre-black and code a minute or so on the BetaSP tape using the black/code button on FCP. You could also do this manually on the Beta deck but you don't have a manual and we don't know which model BetaSP deck you have.
Then Assemble edit to the deck by punching your In point in the ETT window. FCP does not output timecode exactly. What it does is cues up the proper In point on the deck via RS-422 and starts laying down from the in point on your sequence or wherever you place an in point on your timeline.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
http://www.ambidextrous.net

Return to posts index

LankBeach
on Sep 25, 2007 at 8:20:42 pm

Got the SP deck figured out. I just layed down timecode on the tape then did an edit to tape from FCP.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]