FORUMS: list search recent posts

Riddle me this...Kona3 to io split track audio layoff channel flipping

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JeremyG
Riddle me this...Kona3 to io split track audio layoff channel flipping
on Sep 22, 2007 at 7:28:30 pm

Yesterday, I was pushing to hit a FedEx deadline before I head out of town and didn't have time to sit down and figure this out.

FCP 5.1.4, Kona v3.4 os 10.4.10 QT 7.1.6

Down-converting through SDI (embedded audio) to an io coming in SDI (io control panel SDI in, iocontrol panel running latest drivers and firmware) and this routes out to a UVW1800 an analog like and also routes out to a Panasonic AJ sd93 (dv50 deck) via SDI.

Everything works in terms of getting video/audio through the io. I ran a split audio master for subsequent language changes. Everything is setup proper in the split audio timeline, Voice ch1, music ch2. The FCP audio mixer back this up (voices going out ch1 music ch2). After that chain, I have problems.

When running through the io, the audio channels somehow get flipped around (music is now ch1 and voice is now ch2). I thought it was a case of my analog output cables being flipped, but here's the kicker. SInce the AJ sd93 is routed through the io as well via SDI (no analog input going in to it) the audio is flipped there as well (music is now ch1 and voice is now ch2). If I run the SDI from the KOna straight into the SD93, the audio operates as expected (VOice back to ch1, and music back to ch2) which tells me everything is coming out of FCP and the Kona3 as I set up to do so. SO it seems as if the io is somehow flipping the audio channels. Since this was an analog layoff, I simply flipped the audio output cables of the io and problem solved. Since I needed to hit a FedEx deadline and couldn't trouble shoot (made it to FedEx with 10 minutes to spare) I couldn't think of what it is that might be causing this, and perhaps it's something very simple, or the io wiring is goofed.

Anyone run into this before?

Cross posting on the io forum

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]