FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame buffer question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
frame buffer question
on Sep 19, 2007 at 1:34:13 pm

hello all
I have an LHe with FCPStudio2 and CS3 (soon)

Im not a very experienced FCP user, so excuse the question if it is very basic, but my Kona/FCP combination seems to be demonstrating the same kind of "frame buffer limitations" that my old Targa 2000 card used to suffer from.

An example is when you have a timeline containing a nested clip, and that nested clip is a subtimeline containing a series of clips with disolves between them. It seems that if you want to give a transparency to the nested clip in the parent timeline, the disolves between the clips in the nested timeline will show up as cuts!

Is this really the case, or was i doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Mark.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: frame buffer question
on Sep 19, 2007 at 9:09:14 pm

Let me get this straight.

You have a sequence full of clips with dissolves.

Then you have a master sequence where the above sequence is nested, then you pull the opacity down of that clip (or nest). Then there's no more dissolves?

If that's what you mean, i have set up a similar example and it works as expected i.e. the nest is less opaque and dissolves work as normal.

Jeremy

What version of everything are you on?

Return to posts index

mark palmos
on Sep 19, 2007 at 9:13:12 pm

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the response.
Im home now, will check it tomorrow.
I hope I'm remembering what I was doing that didnt work as expected... i immediately went to a plan B, and had a very busy day, so will find a moment to try replicate it tomorrow.

as far as you know, however, should any number of layers with alpha channels and disolves etc, work?

ta
mark

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Sep 19, 2007 at 9:30:32 pm

As long as you have everything setup properly, and in my personal experience yes.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]