FORUMS: list search recent posts

Teranex mini or VC100

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mauimatt
Teranex mini or VC100
on Sep 5, 2007 at 9:22:59 pm

Anyone try one of these conveter boxes from ternaex? Looking for a way to ingest from component beta thru a hardware transfer box to 720p DVCPROHD into FCP, so no render or software transfer is needed.
Matt

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Teranex mini or VC100
on Sep 6, 2007 at 12:52:08 am

ooooh - ooooh - I know the answer !
you stick the Beta component signal into an AJA I/O (that has an SDI output on it), or an AJA HD10AVA (which has component inputs, and an SDI output), and stick this SDI signal into your AJA Kona 3, and it will UPCONVERT to 720p HD, so you can select DVCProHD as your codec, and digitize away ! These solutions will be the least expensive you can get, and will give you wonderful flexibility (especially if you get the I/O, which will let you input horrible VHS signals as well, frame sync the input, and convert to SDI, so you can UPCONVERT it to 720p HD, at DVCProHD.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

mauimatt
Re:KONA LHe limitation
on Sep 7, 2007 at 6:58:03 pm

Bob,
That would work if I had a KONA 3.. But w have KONA LHe.. bummer. The Teranex VC-100 supposedly does a better convert to HD from SD even scaling the outer thirds of frame to convert to 16:9 from 4:3. Also looking at Edirol VC-300HD. Thanx for the response. You are always on it!
Matt

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Re:KONA LHe limitation
on Sep 7, 2007 at 9:26:08 pm

Teranex mini is teriffic (but $3000 - the price of the Kona 3).
Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]