FORUMS: list search recent posts

here is my challenge

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mowbray
here is my challenge
on Sep 5, 2007 at 4:26:18 pm

shooting 1080i/60 project for local library... footage is great FCP is great... using cinema display to monitor (sweet hd monitor is on the way)...

challenge... the talent in the video is a local historian who wants to preview his "lectures" for accuracy... cool, but he needs to see it on VHS!!!... now i have set the Lhe to output through the composite out ntsc 525i/29.97 8 bit... i have noticed that the image is not full motion or even moving during playback on my little JVC 9 incher what am i missing and can somebody clue this motherf*^*&^$% oh sorry anger issues

i search other post that were very helpful but nothing mentioned my little playback issue on the sd ntsc monitor

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: here is my challenge
on Sep 5, 2007 at 7:37:43 pm

Set your downconvert in the AJA Control Panel, set FCP to output 1080i29.97.

Return to posts index

Mowbray
on Sep 5, 2007 at 8:12:43 pm

is that a sequence setting or easy setup setting?

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Sep 5, 2007 at 8:16:40 pm

[Mowbray] "is that a sequence setting or easy setup setting?
"

Your sequence should match your footage. Just use an easy setup.

After that, verify that your output matches your sequence (View, External Video).

Your output from FCP should be 1080i29.97 and you should have a downconvert on your analog output in the AJA Control Panel. You also need to set the analog output to Comp + Y/C.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 5, 2007 at 8:54:05 pm

Mr. Mowbray - do you know what the AJA ProI/O control panel is ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mowbray
on Sep 5, 2007 at 9:42:33 pm

oh boy here we go... yes of course bob... (as he bows repeatedly... thinking well at least i have a decent haircut)

Return to posts index

Mowbray
on Sep 5, 2007 at 10:03:58 pm

now see that IS how it works... i know the lhe was capable...

thanks szumlins for the practical knowledge and bob for the "pull your head out and RTFM bitch slap..."

ignorance and woe to the complacent and placated video boy... though he soon rises to the challenge and screams... fearless!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]