FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio input defaulting to aes - new to kona 3...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Koby
audio input defaulting to aes - new to kona 3...
on Sep 5, 2007 at 12:20:25 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new to kona 3 cards. Just installed 4 kona 3s in our new octo-cores. I keep getting calls from the editors saying they have no audio when capturing. It seems audio input keeps defaulting back to aes inputs instead of embedded.

Do I need to read the manual? Is there a way to make it stay on embedded?

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: audio input defaulting to aes - new to kona 3...
on Sep 6, 2007 at 12:53:47 am

read no manual. Go to the AJA Kona Control Panel, select INPUT, and on the audio section (no sub menus' - it's right there on the bottom left), you can select between Analog audio, AES audio, or SDI embedded audio. Make a simple selection in the Kona Control panel, and you are done (until somebody changes it).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on Sep 6, 2007 at 1:07:06 pm

Thanks Bob.

That's what I've been doing. There are no aes input feeds and nothing pluged into the kona break out box, but for some reason, I keep getting calls down the hall that they have no audio when trying to capture. I get on remote desktop and set the input back to embedded...

I'm not sure why, but it seems to default back to AES. I doubt that the editors would be changing the setting themselves - they are smart and have no reason to mess with the setting since there are no aes in feeds to the edit suites. We are using the aes out for monitoring.

This is why I'm puzzled... I need to know if I need to create a preset in order for it to stick or somehting.

kk

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 6, 2007 at 1:30:12 pm

[Keith Koby] "This is why I'm puzzled... I need to know if I need to create a preset in order for it to stick or somehting."

Nope, that sticks once you set it. Doesn't change unless someone re-installs the AJA Kona drivers or they Trash the AJA Kona Prefs.

Other than that, the Control Panel does not change unless the operator changes it.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

weevie833
on Sep 6, 2007 at 2:34:30 pm

Is there more than one user account on the G5? Might be a different set of preferences for multiple users, thus you might have to establish the preferences for all of the users the first time to ensure that they are correct. then they should stick.

I don't think the FCP/AJA preferences function on a System level for that particular AES/SDI option.

Are there any other scheduled functions being handled by some utility like Tiger Cache Cleaner that are purging caches/preferences every night?

steve covello

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on Sep 7, 2007 at 8:13:53 pm

no purging scheduled.

There are multiple accounts, but the same editors on the same accounts have been giving me the "no audio" reports.

the night guys would be capturing embedded audio as well, so I don't see why they would change it (plus they are logged on as different user accounts). The editors are smart, but sometimes can't remember where that setting even is to change it to begin with, so I doubt that they are sabotaging themselves.

thanks for all of your input!

kk

Return to posts index

weevie833
on Sep 7, 2007 at 9:09:28 pm

Here's an old post I made about a utility called Rooswitch that sets up multiple preference settings for a single app. It is best applied for setting up FCP with various Easy Setups and so forth, though it might hold the Control Panel preferences as well.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/98/865475

The software company's website includes a demo that I made for how to use it with FCP, though it only scratches the surface of what it can do. Maybe you can take it a step further and make it work for your situation. Post your results here if you try it.

steve covello

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]