FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MXF media into FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Shucher
Avid MXF media into FCP
on Aug 31, 2007 at 10:22:39 am

Has anyone had any success converting or using Avid MXF media to QuickTime for use in FCP?

I need to cleanup and cc an Indy film cut on Avid. I can bring in the sequences with Automatic Duck, but I'm at a loss as to how to deal with the media, so I can work with it
in my FCP/Kona set-up.

*I also posted this on the FCP forum and got no responses there.

Return to posts index

weevie833
Re: Avid MXF media into FCP
on Aug 31, 2007 at 11:48:21 am

Maybe I've been out of the Avid world for too long, but how do you get MXF media out of an Avid? Do you mean, by chance, OMF media? My Avid experience ends with Media Composer/Meridien v. 11.0.3 on OS 9.2. after that, Avid became too greedy to do business with.

steve covello

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
on Aug 31, 2007 at 12:33:01 pm

I have the captured/imported Avid MXF media as files on a drive. The original HDV media is no longer accessable, as I wasn't involved in the production. I also have the sequence as an OMF2.0 that can be read by Automatic Duck Pro Import.

What I'd like to do is re-link the sequence with the media in FCP6/Kona set-up for titling and color correction.

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Aug 31, 2007 at 12:33:07 pm

If you have the $$$, Flipfactory can do it. You need transfer manager and the optional MXF importer. Call your favorite VAR that deals with both Avid and FCP...it isn't as simple as you'd think or hope.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
on Aug 31, 2007 at 2:23:33 pm

Is transfer manager part of Flip Factory? Or are you refering to the Sony XDCam software. I tried the Sony Transfer Manager, but it did not like Avid's "flavor" of MXF.

Return to posts index

Santiago Gutierrez
on Aug 31, 2007 at 6:05:39 pm

I'd post this in the Automatic Duck forum and Wes will be able to give you an answer as to whether FCP Pro Import can 'read' the MXF files that the OMF 2.0 is linked to. I haven't tried this as yet. Good luck!
Santi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]