FORUMS: list search recent posts

Analog video/audio Kona 3 and Aja IO (not IO HD)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike
Analog video/audio Kona 3 and Aja IO (not IO HD)
by
on Aug 29, 2007 at 9:10:25 pm

I just bought a Kona 3 card and it's awesome! However, I would still like to use my IO for analog import/export and to feed analog audio to my mixer. Maybe even use the IO as an audio converter.

Here's what I have:
Kona 3 w/K3-box, Mackie 1202, AJA IO, and HD link feeding my Apple 23 inch monitor.

How should I hook up my AJA IO to the K3-box so I can digitize analog video/audio and view analog video on the monitor using the HD Link. Make sense?

I tried a few combos and was unsuccessful. Is it even possible to use the IO with Kona 3? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Analog video/audio Kona 3 and Aja IO (not IO HD)
on Aug 29, 2007 at 10:07:53 pm

you put your analog video into the AJA I/O. You launch the AJA I/O Pro Control Panel, and select your input (composite or component via the INPUT tab). Now, take one BNC cable, and come out of the SDI output of the AJA I/O, and go into the HD Input 1 of your Kona 3. Make sure that Input 1 is selected in your Kona Control Panel. That's it. You are now using the I/O to convert your analog source to SDI, and the SDI source now goes into your Kona 3. I do this all day long. You can use this method to UPCONVERT to HD as well.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mike
Re: Analog video/audio Kona 3 and Aja IO (not IO HD)
by
on Aug 30, 2007 at 3:35:04 pm

Thanks Bob! I'll try your method later today. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

Mike

You don't have a chance unless you take one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]