HDCAM capture woes

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Dreesman
HDCAM capture woes
on Aug 29, 2007 at 12:59:39 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so here goes.

I'm attempting to capture several HDCAM tapes in their entirety using a rented Sony J-H3 deck connected to a new Kona 3 which resides in a new 8 core MacPro. I've set FCP6 to create a new clip when it encounters a timecode break. The problem is when it hits a break it backs up to locate the break, and then says it's cueing up to capture the new clip but only gets a second or two forward of the break and then for some reason rewinds (a frame at a time) back to the break. This loop continues until I hit escape. FCP is also giving me a "Tape trouble. Check VTR" warning but there doesn't appear to be any problem with the deck or the tapes.

The footage is 1080i, the codec is ProRes422HQ, I've got an AJA Gen10 connected the the deck and the kona box, deck control via RS-422 is working. If memory serves, the Easy Setup is "Kona3 1080i 29.97 ProRes422HQ" or something close to that.

Any suggestions on how to solve these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Dreesman
Tempest Technologies, LLC
Helena, Montana

Return to posts index

Jeff Blauvelt
Re: HDCAM capture woes
on Aug 29, 2007 at 1:36:14 pm

there is a software patch available from AJA tech support called DisableAltETTPolling

To install:
Quit FCP, unzip and then put the file in:
/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/
Re-launch FCP

this should help

HD Cinema - production and post

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Aug 29, 2007 at 2:50:47 pm

Also, double check your device capture preset and make sure it's on the proper deck setup.

Return to posts index

Michael Dreesman
on Aug 29, 2007 at 4:02:40 pm

Hi Jeff,

The software patch solved both problems. I am now good to go!

Thanks very much,
Mike

Return to posts index

Bill Crawford
on Aug 30, 2007 at 12:22:20 pm

Can you post the link? I'm having a similar trouble with a LHe showing random tape trouble errors on good tapes.

I couldn't find the patch on the AJA site.

Thanks,

Bill

Return to posts index

Michael Dreesman
on Aug 30, 2007 at 1:46:04 pm

Hi Bill,

The file was emailed to me so I don't have a link to pass along. If you contact AJA tech support I'm sure they would be happy to email you a copy. I can email you the file as well but won't be able to until later tonight. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Bill Crawford
on Aug 30, 2007 at 3:50:50 pm

Thanks Michael - I dropped a note to tech support and they responded right back with the patch.

Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]