FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended RS-422 Cable?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
OsiriSioux
Recommended RS-422 Cable?
on Aug 27, 2007 at 5:39:04 pm

Hey, all!

I'm looking for an extender cable to go between my Kona LH card and a DigiBeta deck that's about 20 feet away. I tried hooking together a couple of 9-pin cables I had lying around and it didn't seem to work. The cables were old, I have no idea if they work, and they certainly weren't engineered for video device control.

Is there a specific kind of RS-422 cable that works better than another?

Also - the cables I find online that say they're designed for this kind of use are all male-to-male, and the connector on the Kona breakout cable is male too, correct? Is there a specific adapter I should get?

Thanks!!

Nick

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Recommended RS-422 Cable?
on Aug 27, 2007 at 10:21:17 pm

you need a generic male to male 9 pin db connector on both ends, with NO SPECIAL WIRING - it's a generic 9 pin, where pin 1 goes to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, pin 9 to pin 9, etc. No null modem cables, no crossing transmit and receive - a simple straight thru cable. You can use a cheapie computer cable, or you can get a fancy one from Markertek - they will all work. This ain't audio or HD video - RS422 is a simple signal, that will transmit VERY LONG DISTANCES with no issues.

Go to google, and order a 25' male to male 9 pin db cable, and you will have no issues. If you are in question of what to get, go to the Markertek site.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]