FORUMS: list search recent posts

KONA QT to DPX Translator QUESTION

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Blokland
KONA QT to DPX Translator QUESTION
on Aug 23, 2007 at 4:38:13 pm

Hello Cows:

I'm trying to prepare .dpx files for a DI session, based on a 720p DVCPRO HD sequence. I created a self-contained QT movie using the Kona 2 1080 Psf 23.98 10 bit RGB sequence preset, then used the AJA QT/DPX convertor.

I've heard that doing anything other than outputting the DPX files via Apple's COLOR program, can result in whites being clipped. Anyone with experience care to comment on this? AJA?

Thanks in advance.

Best, JIM.

OSX.4.3
Dual 2.7 G5
3.5 GB RAM
Radeon X800 XT
Kona 2 / K-Box
Seritek 1.2 TB RAID
AVID XPRESS PRO/MOJO

Return to posts index

pixel bulley
Re: KONA QT to DPX Translator QUESTION
on Sep 4, 2007 at 8:37:03 pm

-"I've heard that doing anything other than outputting the DPX files via Apple's COLOR program, can result in whites being clipped. Anyone with experience care to comment on this? AJA?"

I too have been trying to convert FCP captured QT's to DPX via apples color as well as AJA's DPX translator. unfortunately the DPX translator wll only convert RGB qt's to dpx..(our show shot 4:2:2 so yuv color) if its anything else it does not seem to successfully translate the clips. my work around was to use apple color. unfortunately i cannot get the same material out that is brought into the program. I have played with the settings done tests and with no success. it looks like apple color actually compresses the color space as opposed to actually clipping it...im still to new at the whole video/codec thing to really be to sure....but long answer short...ive had problems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]