720p 59.94 but using Photo-JPEG codec ?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
chrispy
720p 59.94 but using Photo-JPEG codec ?
on Aug 16, 2007 at 8:57:05 am

Hi,

I'm working on a P2 based project which is 720p 59.94 DVCProHD. Is it possible to create a 720p 59.94 Photo-JPEG preset and Recompress to it ? I need to create very small file size of the full res P2 clips for offline purposes.

Will Kona LH/3 support playback of Photo-JPEG codec ?

Appreciate any advise.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: 720p 59.94 but using Photo-JPEG codec ?
on Aug 17, 2007 at 10:32:04 am

Chrispy,
The pjpeg seems problematical. There has been quite a lot of discussion about a "PJPEG 75% Quality Hack" that allows RT Extreme funtionality with that codec with Kona products. Don't know if it works at 720P resolution. You should be able to find posts about it by searching posts.

Why not offline with DV? This takes you down to a quarter of the file size of the HD. You pose an interesting question. Maybe nobody on the board has had reason to try it.
-Tom

Return to posts index

chrispy
Re: 720p 59.94 but using Photo-JPEG codec ?
on Aug 17, 2007 at 4:17:07 pm

Hi Tom,

I tried DV and it works but because it is 59.94, the data rate is 7MB/sec instead of 3.6MB/sec so it's only half the file size. I need to maintain the frame rate at 59.94 so that it's easier to relink to the DVCProHD 59.94 original clips.

I can't think of any other codec to use except PhotoJPEG but I do understand it's limitation especially when it comes to RT Extreme which I'm not particularly concerned as this is just offline and only has dissolves at most which we can easily render them.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]