FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe card not recognized

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Stone
Kona LHe card not recognized
on Aug 14, 2007 at 12:02:32 pm

Hi everyone -

I just installed a Kona LHe card into my mac pro, turned it on and got that 'new card' menu, installed the software from the CD, rebooted and... nothing. When I open the KONA Control Panel I get a red message across the top that reads "Kona board or software not installed". When I open the computer, I see green lights burning on the card, though. I've tried to reinstall the card and the same thing happens.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

Thanks for any help!

Dan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona LHe card not recognized
on Aug 14, 2007 at 12:06:57 pm

card in slot 3 or slot 4, assigned as a 4 lane slot (and not a x1 lane slot ?).

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:13:34 pm

How many green lights is the right question to ask. 1 or 2 with the machine running?

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Daniel Stone
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:43:45 pm

So far I've tried it in slots 2, 3 and 4. Right now, for example, I'm in slot #2 and the Expansion SLot Utility says it's x16 for my current graphics card in slot #1 (ATI Radeon X1900 XT) and x1 (with x8 in yellow) for my Kona card in slot #2. Should I change the slot to just x1? And how do I do that?

As for the green lights, there is one bright one and 2 dim ones - 3 total.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Aug 14, 2007 at 3:11:37 pm

What version of FCP are you running? You said you installed the drivers from the CD. What you need to do is go to aja.com and download the most recent drivers for your application.

First uninstall whatever driver you have on there now by running the Kona installer.

I repeat: First uninstall whatever driver you have on there now by running the Kona uninstaller.

Then, if running FCP v5.1.x go here:

http://www.aja.com/ajashare/KonaLH_Software_3.4.tar

If running FCS2, go here:

http://www.aja.com/ajashare/KonaLH_Software_4.0.tar

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 14, 2007 at 3:38:47 pm

Daniel -
your graphics card should run at x16 in slot 1.

Slot 2 should be empty

Slot 3 should be your Kona card, set for x4 lanes

Slot 4 should be your storage card (Fibre, sata, SCSI), also set at 4 lanes (if you have an external drive array).

As has been suggested to you, uninstall and reinstall your drivers from the AJA website, not the CD you received from AJA.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Aug 14, 2007 at 6:30:24 pm

I'm betting the "dim" lights are actually just feeding from their neighbors and aren't on.

One light means that the card has power and is recognized in the bus. Two lights means the OS has picked it up and loaded the driver.

If only one light is bright, there is a problem with the driver. Try a clean install.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Daniel Stone
on Aug 15, 2007 at 4:27:01 am

Thanks so much for your help, everyone! I took all of your suggestions and now it works!

Here's what I did:

- Installed the card in slot 3 and used the Expansion Slot Utility to adjust accordingly (x16 for 1; x4 for 3)
- I uninstalled the CD's drivers and installed drivers from the web site.

And it works like a charm! Now I have to find out why the K Box isn't working. I may just have to send it back.

Thanks again, everyone!

Dan

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Aug 15, 2007 at 2:00:30 pm

Glad you are up and running.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]