FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color shift to broadcast monitor with Color 1.01 (PAL specific)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grantly
Color shift to broadcast monitor with Color 1.01 (PAL specific)
on Aug 3, 2007 at 11:12:34 pm

Running a dual quadcore macpro with the xt1900 card and a kona 3.

Since updating to Color 1.01 (and all the other studio updates) we now have a nasty 10-15% magenta added to the monitor output via K3 when trying to grade in Color.

Switching the output to any of the HD or NTSC outputs seems fine but any of the PAL outputs are no good (which is what we need!).

I've been fishing for the source in Apple and Color forums but have wondered if it is maybe something that Kona needs to address in a driver update?

Seems to be the only app affected FCP and AE are fine.

Maybe the driver uninstall and reinstall trick should be tried having read some of the other threads in this forum and what Apple's updates have done.

Not sure where the error is coming from, Apple updates, Color updates, Graphics Card (since Color uses it heavily), Kona3 driver needing an update to keep up with all the other updates.

Suffice to say Color 1.0 didn't have this problem (just had a whole truckload of other problems). Rolling back seems pointless.

Any ideas?

Kona do you think this could be a driver issue?

Help!

Return to posts index

Grantly
Re: Color shift to broadcast monitor with Color 1.01 (PAL specific)
on Aug 6, 2007 at 1:53:53 am

Driver uninstall reinstall didn't work.

Return to posts index

Davebez
Re: Color shift to broadcast monitor with Color 1.01 (PAL specific)
on Oct 21, 2007 at 7:15:34 pm

Hi,

I know that the posting that you have made is now some what old but wondered if you got to the bottom of your problem? Since upgrading to 1.01 I have been having the same issue. My hardware wfm scopes show a shift in all rgb channels as well as luminance and my vector scope shows a heavy increase in magenta. The problem exists only within color and once the rendered image is sent back to FCP everything is displayed correctly. Quite bizarre considering FCP and color are using the same 10 bit codec.

I too am using kona 3. I have done all the usual: reinstalled drivers, resat the kona 3 card and still no joy.

Did you find a fix or workaround at all?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]