FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleanest Path?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rob tobin
Cleanest Path?
on Jul 31, 2007 at 4:17:14 pm

Hello All,
I have a client who wants to bring a project in that they have edited in HDV 720p (Aquired and captured from a JVC-HD200 via Firewire) from their hard drives and want to end up on HDCAM 1080p. The want to do color correction and some effects shots. I know that I need to get away from the HDV compression before I add any more compression from the cc or effects but I'm not sure what would be the best path to keep the timline intact. I think that I can cross convert in real time to 1080i via the Kona or a Sony SRCAM deck but then I'm stuck with one clip on the way back in and I still have to use an outboard converter to get to 1080p. Would it be cleaner (although longer) to use media manager to convert to Kona HD 8-bit 1080p. This way the native frame rate would stay the same at 23.98. and I would have one compression hit before effects? Any help would be appreciated as I'm not familar with this format yet.
Thanks
Rob

Return to posts index

rob tobin
Re: Cleanest Path?
on Jul 31, 2007 at 6:23:15 pm

I think the Kona 3 will do this. Time to upgrade.
Thanks
Rob

Return to posts index

Michael palmer
Re: Cleanest Path?
on Jul 31, 2007 at 6:31:27 pm

Depending on the equipment you can put your hands on here is two ways to get there. I like #2 as the cleanest.

#1) If you have the original raw media and project file (assuming your using FC) open the project and export this HDV sequence to HD Cam in the same time base of the original media. Then re-import for finishes.

#2) Or if you have the capabilities to recapture into HD Cam from the original HDV tapes digitally then this would be better yet. JVC Makes a deck with HDMI out and together with another converter (Convergent Design HD-Connect MI) you can convert in real time with hardware completely digital to HD Cam using HD-SDI into the Kona card.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]