on Jul 28, 2007 at 2:31:46 am

Hey All,

First time caller, long time listener.

I

Return to posts index

Wired One
Re: Where
on Jul 28, 2007 at 5:59:55 am

...and I should add that this is in FCP 6.01. I'm not outputting to any decks. This all happens during normal editing. I can run Tone and when it starts to "freak" there is no change in any of the audio meters in fcp or my mixer reflecting it.

Thanks again - Tom

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 28, 2007 at 11:42:07 am

This has been an intermittent problem for a while and AJA did get it resolved, but it looks like something has happened in either 6.0 or 6.0.1 that has re-aggravated it for the moment.

We get this much less frequently that before, but this is what we get. Hit Play and the audio breaks up. Stop. Hit Play again and all is fine. The audio breakup might happen 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 times we hit Play.

Laying out to tape, the only issue I've run across is the very first 1 - 3 seconds of tone might "screech" for lack of a better term. As you say, the levels don't show anything, but you can clearly hear the tone break up. When this happens, I simply re-start the edit and generally on the second pass all is well. If I simply ignore the screech the rest of the audio is perfectly fine and I'll just re-insert the tone later.

I have to believe this is something both Apple and AJA have to address because if it was an AJA only issue, this would have been resolved a long time ago. There must be something in FCP that really causing some headaches in there.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

Wired One
on Jul 29, 2007 at 2:54:02 am

Walter: "Hit Play and the audio breaks up. Stop. Hit Play again and all is fine. The audio breakup might happen 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 times we hit Play."

You hit it pretty much dead on. Same thing here. I agree, I think it's an fcp issue.

Thanks for the response.

Tom

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 28, 2007 at 7:41:20 pm

Hi Tom -
this is an important post to me, so please answer my questions here.
Are you working at 720p with DVCProHD ?

If you are, please let me know.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Wired One
on Jul 29, 2007 at 2:47:09 am

Yes. 720p with DVCProHD

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 29, 2007 at 3:15:18 pm

Hi Tom -
this is my opinion. You won't get your answer on this forum. I urge you to contact AJA Tech support at 530-271-3190, and ask for Rudy or Steve to discuss this issue - make sure that you have the lastest drivers loaded, that you are working at DVCProHD 720p. Replacement AJA cards won't help you.

Please post what happens.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
on Jul 30, 2007 at 3:09:26 am

I can confirm the same audio problems here, and as Bob Zelin suggests only in 720 DVCProHD. Addressed this once with AJA and thought we had it fixed but apparently not.

Joe Murray

Return to posts index

JR-Links
on Jul 29, 2007 at 1:23:07 am

Does this apply to you at all?

Return to posts index

Wired One
on Jul 29, 2007 at 2:55:54 am

Thanks JR I'll give it a try Monday.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jul 30, 2007 at 4:31:00 pm

I can confirm the same problem inteh same codec but on a Dual G5, 2.7 machine, I think it's the way QT and FCP talk to each other.

David

Peace and Love :)
Read my Blog
http://blogs.creativecow.net/DavidBattistella

Return to posts index

TimSnider
on Nov 20, 2007 at 3:18:45 am

The pops/clicks are still an issue on Dual 2Ghz G5, OSX 10.4.10 and FCP 6.0.1. Has anyone figured out the problem. It's driving me nuts. And customers have complained about it. It's forcing me to take a look at Decklink.

Tim

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 20, 2007 at 3:54:46 pm

SInce you have not posted in this thread before

have you read the entire thread and check all of the listed issues?

What version of QT

Diving in the middle of a thread without some info does not help any of us.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

TimSnider
on Nov 20, 2007 at 9:09:41 pm

Gary,

Yes, I've researched the threads. I had this issue in January of this year but thought I had it resolved due to cabling issues. I have the AJA 4.0 drivers installed. Quicktime version is 7.3. I spoke with someone at the NAB booth in April and they told me about the "Freerun" control setting to get rid of the problem. It's still a problem.

What else am I missing.

Tim

Return to posts index

TimSnider
on Nov 29, 2007 at 1:03:32 pm

Folks,

Just a follow-up to my earlier post. My problem with pops and clicks was the breakout box. I switched to using the breakout cable that connects directly to the card and the problem went away. I had experienced random pops and clicks in the audio tracks of some footage along with flashes and glitches in the video. I took those clips offline in FCP, connected the breakout cable, recaptured, and the footage came in cleanly.

Tim

PowerMac Dual 2Ghz G5, 4GB RAM, Fiber channel card
XServe RAID - 2.5TB
FCP 6.0.1
Kona 4.0 drivers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]