COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francesco Pensabene
monitoring 1080i50 from lhe
on Jul 27, 2007 at 6:44:12 pm

Hi guys,
Shoot in dvcprohd1080i with hvx200 on a firestore fs-100 then imported
in fcp 5 using dvprohd1080i50 easy setup here are the questions:

1 - when i place the footage in the timeline i must render!!!
2 - cannot watch the 1080i50 in realtime using sdi output to hd monitor
(it only plays 625i)

why?????

thanks all!

-------------------
Francesco

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: monitoring 1080i50 from lhe
on Jul 27, 2007 at 7:11:44 pm

[Francesco Pensabene] "1 - when i place the footage in the timeline i must render!!!"

If your sequence settings don't match your footage, you need to render. FCP has easy setups to match all DVCPro HD options. Find the right one to match your footage.

[Francesco Pensabene] "2 - cannot watch the 1080i50 in realtime using sdi output to hd monitor
(it only plays 625i)"

Your Kona came with easy setups to match all common varieties of SD & HD. Set your FCP output to 1080 50i.

Your next question will doubtless be "Where & how do I change these settings?" I will refer you to your FCP manual. Look under "Audio-Video settings" or "easy setups".

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Francesco Pensabene
on Jul 28, 2007 at 7:31:07 am

Hi arnie,

the problem is that I HAVE USED THE DVCPRO HD 1080i50 easy setup
that comes with the aja control panel and I HAVE SHOOT IN DVCPROHD !080i50 but the problems are still there
1- rendering needed
2- no hd output

Return to posts index

chrispy
on Jul 29, 2007 at 2:50:46 am

Relax...no need to use UPPER CASE because it "sounded" like you're yelling...you don't want Bob to hear you. Oh no, I think I hear his footseps already :P

First thing first...check the properties of the DVCProHD clips and make sure that it matches to the sequence. If you want to make life easier, upgrade to FCP6 coz it'll automatically set your timeline to match your clip.

In the Kona control panel, is your format set to 1080i25 ? Are you trying to monitor in 1080i25 or 625i on your video monitor ? Are you using SDI or Analog ? Make sure that the Primary and Secondary format are set to what your desired output format.

In FCP Video Playback (in Audio/Video Setting under FCP menu), is it set to AJA Kona 1920 x 1080 25fps DVCProHD (or something like that) ?

If something doesn't match between the timeline and the clip, I usually select the clip in the timeline and open up the clip's properties and the sequence setting and compare both of them. Check for things like resolution, aspect ratio, frame rate...etc. Remember that DVCProHD 1080 is 1440 x 1080, not 1920 x 1080 in the sequence setting.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]