FORUMS: list search recent posts

composite output inquiry ( betadeck + consumer tv) (newb)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bcampbell
composite output inquiry ( betadeck + consumer tv) (newb)
on Jul 26, 2007 at 5:34:44 pm

I have a basic setup inquiry that comes out of ignorance and is probably a total newb question.

To preface the question, (I saw the last newb post), I've fought to gather every bit of info I can snatch up in manuals and forums like these, but still have gaping holes in my knowledge, and don't know of any solid techs in my area (Tampa, FL), so I'm trying to get by myself with trial and error.

Presently, I have the analog I/O of my Kona running into a Betacam PVW-2800. Then I'm outing from the deck to an older (small) Sony broadcast monitor and all has functioned just fine.

My boss, concerned about the 'wow' factor of showing work to clients has just randomly purchased a large consumer LCD television (bravia).
- I know ANY consumer TV is not optimal, but it's not my dime, and I can't get him to budge. -

The issue I'm running into is one of lack of output options and ignorance as to an optimal setup.

As the deck does not support SDI, my sole component connection is tied up there, and as the consumer television doesn't support SDI (or BNC connections for that matter - though that can be handled with adaptors), I'm left a loss for what my best (and least expensive) avenue is, given that it's not my money to spend.

I know that AJA (and others) offer SDI converter boxes of all varieties (into HDMI, down to analog, etc) but I wasn't sure if I was overlooking some standard output setup via the deck or an alternate method of splitting the component cable, etc?

Any guidance or assistance (or different television recommendation, with SDI support that is relatively priced and sized (~$2500, though I doubt this - :P) would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: composite output inquiry ( betadeck + consumer tv) (newb)
on Jul 26, 2007 at 6:04:48 pm

Cable Electronics AV400C Component Video Distribution Amplifier - $99.50

Buy it here:

http://www.futurehomesystems.com/v600.shtml

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Jul 26, 2007 at 6:15:11 pm

Oh, and tell your boss he could have bought a full 1080p HD Panasonic Professional plasma display for around $2500.00. A 42" Panasonic Professional plasma is just over $1000.00. Either of these would stomp all over your consumer LCD TV, and they can be upgraded with input cards for just about any signal - HDSDI, SDI, DVI, etc.

http://tinyurl.com/27ptzl

I'm amazed at how many bosses/companies throw money around with no real clue about what they're buying.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jul 26, 2007 at 7:03:32 pm

So are you running composite to your little monitor?

Does your Broadcast monitor have a passthrough (a component in and out)?

If so take the outs of the component (from your deck or little monitor) to the ins of the new TV.

...or...Get a small and cheap patch bay to route the component signal where you need it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 26, 2007 at 10:58:58 pm

you are running your kona Y Pb Pr into your PVW2800. Your PVW2800 has analog component outputs, and this can feed the Sony Bravia TV monitor analog component inputs.

What company are you with in Tampa ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]