FORUMS: list search recent posts

SET UP Suggestion---KONA 2 & VeriCam & DVCPro 50

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pSquared
SET UP Suggestion---KONA 2 & VeriCam & DVCPro 50
on Jul 24, 2007 at 12:48:32 am

Hi Guys,

Didn't even realize till the boss said something today to the effect that we sure could capture
HD SDI, w/the Kona 2 card I didn't know we had. Rooted around and found it in a box my predicessor had under his desk.

Hook up/install pretty easy and seems to be working (sorta) w/Panasoic HD-150 deck. Just wondering before I go check the AJA site for clues---

Gotta do a high as possible quality output ( DVC Pro HD) of a DVC Pro 50 30/60 fps and Veri Cam 720p 24 sources sequence.

Curious what easy set ups to use, or suggestions on how to capture and dump back out.

Thought I'd check here first as the Cow's saved my butt more times than I care to remember.

Thanks in advance,

p2

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: SET UP Suggestion---KONA 2 & VeriCam & DVCPro 50
on Jul 24, 2007 at 1:10:33 am

[pSquared] "Gotta do a high as possible quality output ( DVC Pro HD) of a DVC Pro 50 30/60 fps and Veri Cam 720p 24 sources sequence. "

DVCProHD is not the best if you are doing a lot of graphics.

"Curious what easy set ups to use, or suggestions on how to capture and dump back out."

Only use the Kona 720p23.98 Varicam easy setup settings, DO NOT use any of the ones that do not say Varicam at the end- the are not for the panasonic captures.

the Card will allow you to upconvert the SD content to use in the HD timeline, if if was flagged as 24p in SD the Kona 2 should see the flags correctly.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

pSquared
Thanks Gary, and also wondering now that you mention it...
on Jul 24, 2007 at 9:39:21 am

"... if if was flagged as 24p in SD the Kona 2 should see the flags correctly. "

How exactly would you tell if it didn't?

p2

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Thanks Gary, and also wondering now that you mention it...
on Jul 24, 2007 at 12:39:03 pm

[pSquared] "... if if was flagged as 24p in SD the Kona 2 should see the flags correctly. "

How exactly would you tell if it didn't?"

you'd get 60i instead of 23.98

you can check before capture by using the Timecode pane of the Kona Control panel. when the RP188 setting is chosen you will see the "flagged" frame rate.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]