FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost Audio Monitoring from K3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hall
Lost Audio Monitoring from K3
on Jul 3, 2007 at 11:03:22 am

Hey guys,

For some weird reason we lost our audio monitoring and are at a complete loss trying to bring it back. I fear it's not operator error this time, but hardware problems. Audio is coming in through the SDI, but not being shown on the outputs to the mixer. Is there an additional setting to control the audion monitoring out?

Thanks in Advance,

Ben

Return to posts index

tcurren
Re: Lost Audio Monitoring from K3
on Jul 3, 2007 at 11:45:32 am

Check sound in your system control panel. Go to the Kona card and see if it is muted. I've had this happen before without anyone intentionally doing it. Might be some bizarre keystroke that turns it on.

Terence Curren
http://www.alphadogs.tv
http://www.digitalservicestation.com
Burbank,Ca

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 3, 2007 at 12:04:12 pm

always do hardware tests first with the Kona Control Panel. Play back a VTR with a tape that has audio on it. Go into the Kona control panel (close FCP completely), select your INPUT, and see if you hear audio. If you don't, recheck your connections (the RCA's on the break out panel), then uninstall and reinstall your Kona drivers. Don't waste time with FCP issues if you can't get audio thru the Kona with the control panel.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Jul 3, 2007 at 12:55:50 pm

I believe 10.4.10 did this if you have an Intel Mac. I had a similar problem, installed Apple's 10.4.10 audio update this morning and sound has returned. YMMV.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Ben Hall
on Jul 3, 2007 at 4:43:47 pm

Thanks for all the help guys...

It looks like it's the hardware. Seems the Audio Monitoring ports are not working, as we tried it with one of our other K3's. It worked. So I guess that warranty will come in handy.

Thanks Again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]