FORUMS: list search recent posts

KONA LHe installation on Quad Core G5

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Dillard
KONA LHe installation on Quad Core G5
on Jun 24, 2007 at 1:52:24 pm

Hello everyone. I will explain to you my setup and hopefully i can get an answer before i make ANOTHER mistake. I don't know if the mistake is me or the hardware. Our Quad core G5 2.5GHz is hooked up with the XSERVE RAID (via fibre channel card to the computer), AJA i/O, the Sony 1800 is in the AJA i/O and the Sony DSR 1500A SDI is hooked into the AJA i/O. Intially we installed the KONA LHe and everything went to hell in a hand basket. We have had to put the computer back to factory settings several times and reinstall EVERYTHING. Why? We installed the KONA LHe card and the KL BOX, then ran the 4.0 drivers for KONA LHe this is what happened when we tried to import anything. When i attempt to log a clip, the clip doesn't show up in the bin. When i do a capture now, the clip doesn't show up in the bin, but when i look at the Final Cut Pro Documents/Capture Scratch folder the clip is there. If i try to drag the clip in the bin i get the error message (File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown). Our system has the AJA i/O and a KONA LHe card. I have removed the KONA LHe card, and i did not plug back in the connections for the XSERVE RAID. I am now zeroing out the drive (FRESH FACTORY REINSTALL), and i have installed Final Cut Studio 2 first, but i made all of the software upgrades first. Even when i did that i still got the error message "File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown." Can someone please help me as i have a commercial due tomorrow and as it stands i am SCREWED! I'm sure that you feel my pain, but nothing is working. It won't let me import any file from any drive because i will get the error message "File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown"

Return to posts index

Gregory Dillard
Re: KONA LHe installation on Quad Core G5
on Jun 24, 2007 at 1:53:50 pm

As it stands now i have not installed anything relating to the KONA LHe again, but i need to get it to work as i have some HD projects due this week. PLEASSSSEEEEEEE help someone if possible! Tired of pulling out my hair.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 24, 2007 at 2:48:30 pm

Why too much useless info

What OS, Easy set up, and format are you capturing?

which deck are you working with?

"We installed the KONA LHe card and the KL BOX, then ran the 4.0 drivers for KONA LHe this is what happened when we tried to import anything"

Install the software BEFORE installation..

Use the uninstaller on your Kona Utilities folder, then reinstall.

make sure no IO software is on the same machine for now.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

G Dillard
on Jun 24, 2007 at 8:11:40 pm

Sorry, but i am using 10.4.9, and according to AJA they told me that i could have the AJA i/O as well as the KONA LHe on the same machine. Their tech (Rudy) said that they have it the same way on one of their machines and that both can reside on the same machine.

Gregory Dillard
grapeseeker.tv

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 25, 2007 at 2:03:40 pm

[G Dillard] "Sorry, but i am using 10.4.9, and according to AJA they told me that i could have the AJA i/O as well as the KONA LHe on the same machine."

hey Greg,

yes they can, but I was trying to eliminate variables to get you up and running.

you still have not said what format you are trying to capture to?
Are you trying ProRes?
What easy setup?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Return to posts index

G Dillard
on Jun 25, 2007 at 2:13:12 pm

I can't capture using PRORES HQ because i am on a Quad Core G5 and it drops frames. Maybe PRORES will work, but i was trying to use the easy setup for one of the HD codecs and downcoverting to BETASP for the finished project seeing that this is for BROADCAST (commercial).

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jun 25, 2007 at 2:28:45 pm

Did you run FCP once before installing your drivers?

Uninstall your LHe and io drivers using the uninstallers. Run FCP. Quit. Install Kona v4 drivers. Run FCP. See what happens.

What type of file are you trying to import? Just curious.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 25, 2007 at 2:36:35 pm

[gary adcock] "you still have not said what format you are trying to capture to?
Are you trying ProRes? What easy setup?"

and???

Something you are doing is very wrong.

Please you need to explain what you are trying to capture and what settings you are using.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Return to posts index

G Dillard
on Jun 25, 2007 at 8:47:43 pm

Thank you gentleman for all of your insight and support. Here is the status. Just spent an hour on the phone with AJA Tech support (RUDY is the best), and here is what is happening. We got it working, but it doesn't like PRO RES and we get this error ""File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown"" It worked on all the other codecs that we tried (1080i DVCPro HD, 1080iHD, etc.), but PRO RES gives me that error. Anyone using PRO RES on a Quad Core G5 and not PRO RES QQ?

Gregory Dillard
grapeseeker.tv

Return to posts index

G Dillard
on Jun 25, 2007 at 11:53:53 pm

NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! GEEZ!

Gregory Dillard
grapeseeker.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved