FORUMS: list search recent posts

Utility for switching EZ Setup, cap scr, user settings, etc. - cool

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
weevie833
Utility for switching EZ Setup, cap scr, user settings, etc. - cool
on Jun 24, 2007 at 4:22:01 am

Here's a utility that allows you to define multiple sets of user preferences so that you can launch software [in our world, FCP] with a single button click with a defined preset based on project, or edit system setup. It's about as close to setup-follows-project as you can get for now.

http://roobasoft.com/rooSwitch/

Here's a demo of me using it after an initial setup. Pretty basic, but you can extend this idea to things like output to tape setup, 4-track playback, etc.

http://homepage.mac.com/apescience/

steve covello

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Utility for switching EZ Setup, cap scr, user settings, etc. - cool
on Jun 24, 2007 at 5:11:17 am

Apple should either buy it or reverse engineer it tomorrow, and it should be part of FCP immediately.

Return to posts index

piper
on Jun 24, 2007 at 6:46:37 pm

This looks really intriquing; so if one changed prefs for a new project, (for instance changing from an HDV project to HD uncompressed, different easy set-up, different scratch disk etc.), then if one uses FCP Rescue, one would also have to back up the prefs each time you open the new project. But wouldn't this defeat some of the purpose of being able to go back to the original uncorrupted prefs with FCP Rescue?

Wouldn't it be something if an app combined the advantages of both of these programs? Being able to back-up multiple versions of your prefs? I'd surely pay a bit more for that.

Am I thinking clear here?

Gary
SaltAire Cinema Productions

Return to posts index

bricooke
on Jun 25, 2007 at 12:55:19 pm

steve/weevie833, thanks for posting about rooSwitch and including a great video.

I'm the developer of rooSwitch and was curious if I could write a blog entry about this and include your video? I'd host a copy of the video, so no worries about bandwidth. Please let me know by emailing bcooke@roobasoft.com

If you're cool with this, also let me know if you have a web site I can link to.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]