FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona 3 card setup

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
kona 3 card setup
on Jun 19, 2007 at 3:25:46 pm

hey guys,

setting up a kona 3 with breakout box, but have been asked to hookup an analog betacam SP deck. Having difficulty figuring out how ti hookup analog component to it and setting up the upconvert settings for it to capture. Also what setting do I use (525, 29.97, or uncompressed)?
Thanks!

Rick

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: kona 3 card setup
on Jun 19, 2007 at 10:13:05 pm

The Kona 3 will not take in analog component. This product is for SDI and HD-SDI only. It has analog component output, to feed to your Beta VTR (to make a dub out), but you cannot input from the Beta machine with this card.

This is how you can do it (and no, there are no other ways other than what I am going to list).

1) Play back your Beta tapes in a Digi Beta VTR. These will play back standard Beta tapes, and spit out an SDI signal for the Kona 3.
2) buy an AJA HD10AVA, which will convert the analog component signal of your Beta VTR into an SDI signal, which you can feed into your Kona 3
3) buy an AJA I/O, or an AJA I/O LA - this will let you get your Beta VTR into your FCP system.

If you want to upconvert the 525 Beta VTR to HD, you MUST follow one of these methods.

If your next question is - "isn't there some way of faking this, so I don't need to spend any more money" - the answer is NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO NO.

Research before you buy anything.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]