FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC Studio 2 and AJA Kona 3 10 Bit RGB Codec troubles

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ruslan_3d
FC Studio 2 and AJA Kona 3 10 Bit RGB Codec troubles
on Jun 19, 2007 at 12:20:04 pm

Our main pipeline is 1080i/p 24/25 Dual Link RGB video. We have Sony HDCAM SR and capture via Dual Link to Kona 3 10 Bit RGB codec prior 4.0 release. All thing was OK with 3.4 driver. Today we do clean install OS X, FCStudio 2 and Kona 4.0 driver. And I have troubles with RGB codec for now. I do Easy setup from "1080psf 24 RGB", change frame rate to 25 fps, field dominace to Upper. Capturing drom SR deck was OK, but when I put captured video to timeline I see only greenish lines and pixers on Kona 3 SDI Dual Link outputsADn Frame Buffer mode don't change to RGB-10 bit mode like in older releases. Same situation happen in all AJA utilites (AJA TV, VTR Xchange) and others. And after activation "Force RGB" in Color I lost picture and see Green Screen on my broadcast monitor. But this future works fine in old FinalTouch software.

Cans somebody check this issue with RGB modes in new 4.0 release?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: FC Studio 2 and AJA Kona 3 10 Bit RGB Codec troubles
on Jun 20, 2007 at 2:14:25 pm

[ruslan_3d] "And after activation "Force RGB" in Color I lost picture and see Green Screen on my broadcast monitor. But this future works fine in old FinalTouch software."

I have tried this on my machine and not had any issue, BUT there is a very big warning about having Final Touch and Color on the same Machine. That has caused a couple of my test systems to crash inexplicably

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 20, 2007 at 2:18:14 pm

[ruslan_3d] "But this future works fine in old FinalTouch software."

You must remove the Final Touch software from your machine for Color to operate correctly. That's what we did here.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

ruslan_3d
on Jun 21, 2007 at 8:59:39 am

Hi to all,

I don't have FInal Touch in current system. Only Studio 2 and some utilites. AND I have problems in FCP 6.0 with RGB modes at first. I wrote to AJA and waiting new drivers releases for now . . .

best regards
ruslan_3d

Return to posts index

lightning ad
on Jun 27, 2007 at 12:28:49 pm

This might not be the right answer, but it might help you to find a solution...i found an incorrect setting in the Kona 3 system. In FCP, the capture setting AJA Kona 3:625 25 10 Bit is incorrectly set to use 525 NTSC !!
To correct, use the edit button, then change to pal 625 settings.

adam

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]