FORUMS: list search recent posts

No 4ch output over SDI?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Irwin
No 4ch output over SDI?
on Jun 13, 2007 at 7:41:48 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my 4 channel timeline to output 4 ch audio over SDI to my A500 digibeta deck. No matter what settings i choose in the audio output tab of the sequence settings window, It still mixes down to tracks 1 and 2 on the digibeta deck. I'm running a g5 dual 2.3 kona LH, FCP 5.1.2. Any thoughts appreciated

-Tim

Return to posts index

Tim Irwin
Re: No 4ch output over SDI?
on Jun 13, 2007 at 7:45:17 pm

Just figured it out. For the benefit of anyone with the same problem, If you change the settings in the audio output tab after you have edited into it, it has no effect. After I created a new seq with the appropriate settings and pasted the contents of the original seq into it, the 4ch output worked.

thanks, tim

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jun 13, 2007 at 8:08:33 pm

Did you forget to turn off the down mix button on the audio mixer?

Return to posts index

weevie833
on Jun 13, 2007 at 9:51:10 pm

If it worked, great, but I don't think you needed to do that.

Change the audio settings on the A/V Settings, but then you need to do cmd + 0 [zero] on the sequence in your bin and change the audio settings in the audio tab there too. then set the audio track to the proper channel by ctrl + click next to the track light [sorry, Avid term] to designate the channel patch.

I've always wished Apple would change this dopey procedure in a next version of FCP.

steve covello

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 14, 2007 at 10:03:56 am

[Tim Irwin] "Just figured it out. For the benefit of anyone with the same problem, If you change the settings in the audio output tab after you have edited into it, it has no effect."

Actually that's incorrect. You can change the Audio Output tab at any point during your edit. I output 4 channel shows all the time and generally leave the timeline as a 2 channel mix until we're ready to master. Then I switch the outputs to 4 channel and assign the audio tracks accordingly. You do not need to create a fresh timeline to do this.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 14, 2007 at 1:01:07 pm

Sounds like you changed the overall preference instead of the settings of your sequence.
Changing the preferences changes the output for all NEW sequences, but has no effect on the existing ones.

Unlike Avid, FCP can have multiple projects and sequences open at the same time...and each open sequence can have its own audio output setting.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jun 14, 2007 at 3:36:57 pm

You can also setup a 4 channel output sequence, then simply hit the downmix button on the FCP audio mixer and monitor two channel. Super handy for four channel mixes and two channel monitoring.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]