FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media 100 is teriffice with Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
Media 100 is teriffice with Kona LHe
on Jun 11, 2007 at 2:31:55 pm

being the typical prejudice guy that I am (FCP with AJA), I was amazed to see what a teriffic product the Media 100 HDe is, using the Kona LHe as it's hardware engine. If only AVID could sign a deal (and not with Liquid !) for the Media Composer product to work with the LHe or I/O HD - the world would be a better place.

I never thought I would say this, but good job, Artel (Boris) !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Media 100 is teriffice with Kona LHe
on Jun 11, 2007 at 4:34:18 pm

Media 100 is still my favorite NLE of all times both because of the simplicity of the interface and the quality of the video codecs.

I still very much miss how simple it was to uprez an offline timeline. Simply select the timeline, select the resolution to capture to, select Batch Capture. That was it. And it ONLY recaptured the video and ONLY what was in the timeline. That was so simple and I have asked Apple time and again for the simplicity of this offline / online workflow.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 11, 2007 at 6:21:50 pm

[walter biscardi] "I still very much miss how simple it was to uprez an offline timeline. Simply select the timeline, select the resolution to capture to, select Batch Capture. That was it. And it ONLY recaptured the video and ONLY what was in the timeline. That was so simple and I have asked Apple time and again for the simplicity of this offline / online workflow."

Same with Discreet Edit* software, even going all the way back to its earliest roots in 1992 as D-Vision Pro, working under the DOS operating system. Its goes to show that onlining in FCP is about as archaic, in computer terms, as painting on cave walls.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Matt Riley
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:06:43 pm

Agreed: FCP is frustrating to take from offline to online in the traditional sense (capture, edit, recapture).

Avid DS makes this rather easy, allowing you to have multiple resolutions and compressions of your clips and awesome media management to let you purge and recapture whatever you want at any time, either from the timeline or from bins.

Then again, if you are working with P2 or another file-based format (which FCP does rather well) then there is no need for an offline/online model, which is a beautiful thing. :-)

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]