FORUMS: list search recent posts

Desktop Monitoring = poor playback on PAL broadcast monitor

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ateale
Desktop Monitoring = poor playback on PAL broadcast monitor
on Jun 11, 2007 at 2:21:51 am

hey guys,

We are trying to play video out to our 2nd display (broadcast monitor) via the Default Kona Output "Macintosh Desktop", but the playback is quite poor.

If I drag a movie out to the 2nd display, using QuickTime Player, it looks like the video is playing at 18fps.

If I put the cursor out to the 2nd display and move it around the refresh rate is slow/low.
I thought it might be something to do with the Sys Prefs; Displays - currently the 2nd display is set to 1280x720 @ 60Hz.
I thought it would at least have to be at 50Hz - PAL? But 60Hz is all that can be selected.

If I play a clip out to the 2nd display using the Kona TV or VTR Exchange is play perfectly.

Is there some limitation to playback with desktop monitoring?

Cheers!

Adam

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Desktop Monitoring = poor playback on PAL broadcast monitor
on Jun 11, 2007 at 11:54:26 am

I am confused..

you say that it works great with Kona TV, but bad when you play out your desktop to a video monitor? of course, especially if you are trying to force interlace within a progressive display.

sounds like operator error to me.

[ateale] "We are trying to play video out to our 2nd display (broadcast monitor) via the Default Kona Output "Macintosh Desktop", but the playback is quite poor. "

that is to show the apple desktop on your secondary display or when you want to record content from your computer into a video device.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

ateale
Re: Desktop Monitoring = poor playback on PAL broadcast monitor
on Jun 12, 2007 at 4:02:51 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think u are right about it being operator error :)

"that is to show the apple desktop on your secondary display"

Yes that is what I meant - is it possible to get the Desktop to refresh smoothly?
Should the desktop monitoring be smooth?

Thanks again,

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]