FORUMS: list search recent posts

i/o set up question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sbrand
i/o set up question
on Jun 5, 2007 at 10:21:25 pm

I'm not sure if my output was connected correctly.
It goes from the back of the G5 into the Panasonic monitor.

Only one of the 3 connectors comes From the Mac center plug. It's labeles SDI out 1.
In the HD monitor, the connector SDI out 2 goes into the input.

It seems odd that only l of the 3 connectors is used at each end, and they are both labeled "out."

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: i/o set up question
on Jun 5, 2007 at 10:27:28 pm

I'm not sure if my output was connected correctly.
It goes from the back of the G5 into the Panasonic monitor.

REPLY -
I have no idea of what you are talking about. "It goes from the back of the G5 into the Panasonic monitor" - what does this mean. You own an AJA I/O ? There are no connectors that go from teh back of the G5 into the Panasonic monitor. Do you mean the back of the I/O into the
Panasonic monitor ? What output from the I/O, what input to the Panasonic monitor ? What Panasonic monitor do you own ?

Only one of the 3 connectors comes From the Mac center plug. It's labeles SDI out 1.In the HD monitor, the connector SDI out 2 goes into the input.

REPLY - what is a MAC center plug ? Do you mean the AJA I/O ? You need to take AJA I/O SDI Out 1, and plug this into the SDI input of your Panasonic monitor (if you have an HD-SDI or SDI Panasonic monitor like the Panasonic BT-LH1700). If you give me model #'s, I can help you.

It seems odd that only l of the 3 connectors is used at each end, and they are both labeled "out."

REPLY - again, I have no idea of what you are talking about. The AJA I/O has 2 SDI outputs. One of these outputs will go to the SDI input of a Panasonic TV monitor. The AJA I/O has one SDI input, and 2 SDI outputs. Either of these 2 outputs can feed the Panasonic SDI input.

Please be more specific - exact model #'s, and I can assist you.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: i/o set up question
on Jun 5, 2007 at 10:29:43 pm

If you have a Kona LH or a Kona LHe, the SDI output of the Kona goes to the input of the Panasonic TV monitor (if it has an SDI input).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]