FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe, no output on SDI-2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Boszko
Kona LHe, no output on SDI-2
on Jun 3, 2007 at 5:00:19 pm

We've got a Kona LHe in a Mac Pro octo-core, and for some reason, there is no signal being output on "SDI OUT 2" I bypassed the K-Box to make sure, and plugging a known good BNC directly into the card yields the same result. This is not just FCP, but any of the standard test outputs from the Kona Control Panel, outputs fine on SDI-1, nothing on SDI-2.

Is there some setting that I'm missing that could account for this, or do I possibly have a bad card?

--
Mark Boszko
Self-Proclaimed Digital Media Guru-in-Training

mark@steamermedia.com
http://www.steamermedia.com

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: Kona LHe, no output on SDI-2
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:52:23 am

You may have problems on output if you don't have your lanes set up properly on the PCIe bus (based on your other question). Make sure the Kona card has at least a 4x slot before trying to view any output.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Boszko
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:54:37 am

I've got the Kona in an 8x slot, still no dice.

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Jun 4, 2007 at 2:16:45 am

And you are getting a hot output on SDI 1? Do you have a down convert playing out or something like Video+Key selected? In the Kona control panel set your primary and secondary format to whatever your monitor is capable of with your footage. Just set control to color bars and see if you are having the same problem.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Boszko
on Jun 4, 2007 at 3:18:49 am

SDI-1 is fine all the time. SDI-2 is set to the exact same format and settings as SDI-1 -- no V+K, no downconvert. Problem exists with both program output and AJA control panel test signal generators.

I am not unfamiliar with Konas, though I usually work with a Kona 3 (and occasionally 2s), but I thought I might have missed something in the combination of very new drivers and LHe, but I've tried everything I can think of (and a few things I can't).

AFAIK, there's no way to "turn off" one of the outputs, yes? So if the format settings are right, I should be seeing something. Yet, I'm not.

This vexes me.

MB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]