FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe in Mac Pro -core. Which card in which slot?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Boszko
Kona LHe in Mac Pro -core. Which card in which slot?
on Jun 3, 2007 at 3:33:13 pm

I'm installing a new system on a Mac Pro octo-core, and I have 3 PCIe cards that need to go in. However, I can't find a configuration where they can all run at max speed.

The cards:
ATI X1900 (needs 16x slot)
Kona LHe (needs 8x slot)
ATTO Celerity FC-42ES (needs 4X Slot)

The Expansion Slot Utility pops up when I start the Mac, warning me that "one or more cards are running below their maximum speed." However, even with the various options, there isn't one that gives me a 16x *and* an 8x *and* a 4x. At least *one* of the cards is going to run slower than it could. Is there any recommendation as to what the best config would be? I can't find anything about the Mac Pro config on AJA's support pages (but maybe it's just buried somewhereI can't see).

I am going to be capturing 1080 @ 10-bit to a G-SPEED 4.5 TB RAID (RAID 5), so I'm guessing my best option would be to drop the X1900 to 8x, but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks!
MB

--
Mark Boszko
Self-Proclaimed Digital Media Guru-in-Training

mark@steamermedia.com
http://www.steamermedia.com

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: Kona LHe in Mac Pro -core. Which card in which slot?
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:51:14 am

If you read the release notes in the latest Kona drivers, it explains that Kona cards will run just fine in a 4x slot. Select option 2, put your Kona and storage in slots 3 an 4.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Boszko
Re: Kona LHe in Mac Pro -core. Which card in which slot?
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:53:43 am

Okay, thanks. I guess I missed that in my engineering stupor. I'll re-read the technote. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]